Terryw
Anne Summers

not very 'different' presents are they, pretty standard tbh
Reply 5
psychocustard
iwantoneofthose.com

It's AMAZING. They have fighting grannies and nuns :biggrin:

Ditto.
You can sometimes find their stuff much cheaper elsewhere, so if you see something you like it's worth having a quick look round elsewhere first.
Reply 6
an_end_has_a_start
not very 'different' presents are they, pretty standard tbh

A dildo isn't different? Hmm I bet if you bought your mother one she would think otherwise :p:
Terryw
A dildo isn't different? Hmm I bet if you bought your mother one she would think otherwise :p:

Thread title: For friends
I'm getting my friends a handblown glass bauble each for christmas, with a gold cherub candle inside. I get them from the German Christmas market in Brum city centre - handmade gifts seem to make much more of an 'I made an effort choosing thing' statement.
Reply 10
Stuff mentioned here so far are tacky and boring (gadget shop and Iwantoneofthose type gifts).

Go for experiences. Give each of your friends something different and make sure you get to go along :wink:
SillyFencer
Stuff mentioned here so far are tacky and boring (gadget shop and Iwantoneofthose type gifts).

Go for experiences. Give each of your friends something different and make sure you get to go along :wink:

unfortunately, im not made of money
Reply 12
an_end_has_a_start
unfortunately, im not made of money

Lol, then don't go for different. As quick as you can dish out quirky and original gifts they are thrown in a cupboard and forgotten about. Why not just get your friends something nice?
SillyFencer
Lol, then don't go for different. As quick as you can dish out quirky and original gifts they are thrown in a cupboard and forgotten about. Why not just get your friends something nice?

well yeah but that 'something nice' is always really boring and usually has something to do with Boots 3 for 2 gift sets
artbox? (.com or go to one of their shops)
Reply 15
an_end_has_a_start
well yeah but that 'something nice' is always really boring and usually has something to do with Boots 3 for 2 gift sets

Yep, I agree, I'm currently struggling with present buying. I keep seeing things I would love to buy friends/family but sadly I don't have enough money to get them. My grandparents are the worst to buy for, arrgh.
Reply 16
I love shanalogic.com
Reply 17
an_end_has_a_start

It's not boring though, it's useful and more appreciated than a talking monkey that hangs from the ceiling twirling round. I see what you are trying to do, and why... but my advice - don't :no:
Howells
Yep, I agree, I'm currently struggling with present buying. I keep seeing things I would love to buy friends/family but sadly I don't have enough money to get them. My grandparents are the worst to buy for, arrgh.

yep so far i've got them a tony christie CD, bless them
Ummmm,... can I intrude.

I have a query concerning one of my presents.

I am doing secret santa with friends and was wondering if this sounds relatively inoffensive present. :biggrin:

The girl has ginger hair and was like "Whoever is getting my present better not get me ginger nuts/fanta/ jaffa cakes etc.".

I have so far got her urban decay makeup but then want to be a wee bit evil and get her the story of the ginger bread man (we are student teachers so a bit of pragmatism shows she could use it in class :biggrin: ) and then closer to the time buy (or make) an edible ginger bread man. If you were ginger/redheaded would you be offended?:p:

Op: "Different" presents - trips out, scrapbooks, photoalbums, edibles, "survival baskets" (e.g. if they are in hall, survival baskets could consist of hot water bottles, tea bags, tea pot, jam etc)