The Student Room Group
may-hu-na
cud sum1 help me and explain the tole of tRNA in Translation? :confused:

i'm kinda confused! :smile:

thanx

tRNA is a triplet codon (3 bases) attached via some more RNA that is inconsequential to a particular amino acid. So during translation, tRNAs enter the ribosome and the one with the correct anticodon has it's amino acid attached to the growing polypetide.
So if the mRNA codon is GCA, the tRNA anticodon that corresponds is CGU.
Remember also that the code is degenerative, in that several tRNAs will code for one amino acid.
Reply 2
may-hu-na
cud sum1 help me and explain the tole of tRNA in Translation? :confused:

i'm kinda confused! :smile:

thanx

If you look at the tRNA molecule structure, you will see that on the top there is an amino acid attachment site and at the bottom an anticodon region. What tRNA does is bring in amino acids to the mRNA. How this works is that the amino acids brung in by the tRNA have anticodons complentary to the codons on the mRNA. (a codon consists of 3 bases and codes for one amino acid) At the moment, mRNA is in the ribosome which is in the cytoplasm. mRNAs codons are all exposed and is waiting for tRNA to bring in these anticodons. Once anticodon-codon binding occurs on the mRNA, the process is repeated with the tRNA bringing in further amino acids with complentary anticodons. Once there are 2 amino acids lined up to each other, a peptide bond is formed between them. The process is repeated andthe ribosome moves along the mRNA and translates the rest of the aminoacid sequence. A polypeptide is then formed. :smile:

Hope that helped, any queries pm me :rolleyes:
Reply 3
THANX 4 REPLYING.....

i'm getting there and it's made understanding it much easier! :biggrin:

thanx again
:wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending