The Student Room Group

Ann Summers issues!

Okay, so after 10 weeks of not seeing my boyfriend, I finally get him back just before Christmas. So, I decided to buy some cute underwear from Ann Summers, nothing to extreme, just the basque type things...and they were awful! They just didn't look right; I'm not even that small, yeah I fit into a size 6, I'm a 30C, but I have friends who look smaller than me.

I'm not sure what it was really. I think I maybe need something a little more padded, because they just didn't do anything for me at all! Anyone else have this problem? And where did you buy stuff to solve it? La Senza, as I recently discovered, sell nice bras which I like, but I wanted a little more "sexy"?
I think the Ann Summers stuff is kinda tacky anyway :frown: I don't think your boyfriend will care what undies you're wearing really! :wink: He'll probably be happy just to see you!
Try the la senza pussycat dolls range. It just bought a couple of things from there and they fit well - and i'm the same size as you roughly!
M&S have some quite nice things. I got a basque from there a couple of weeks ago. I am a similar size to you and find it fits okay as it is a little padded.

Kerry
Reply 4
inksplodge
I think the Ann Summers stuff is kinda tacky anyway :frown: I don't think your boyfriend will care what undies you're wearing really! :wink: He'll probably be happy just to see you!

Yeah a lot of it is rather "obvious", but there was this realllly cute little plain black thing and had these adorable frilly french knickers, ahh :frown:
www.figleaves.co.uk

...have used them in the past and they're not bad - i've never like ann summer stuff - find it poor quality and expensive...:s-smilie:
Reply 6
Hmm, that's odd! I have a basque from AS and it's awsome.
Saying that-I did get it about 3 years ago!

Ermm, I think La Senza is probably your best bet-seen some good things in there recently!
Reply 7
sophietrophy
www.figleaves.co.uk

...have used them in the past and they're not bad - i've never like ann summer stuff - find it poor quality and expensive...:s-smilie:

I thought that. I have never purchased any lingerie from there, and I was pretty shocked by the prices, especially compared to shops like La Senza, which seem nicer quality.

Just a generally bad experience with the shop :frown:
jodie_lee
I thought that. I have never purchased any lingerie from there, and I was pretty shocked by the prices, especially compared to shops like La Senza, which seem nicer quality.

Just a generally bad experience with the shop :frown:

..ditto - i don't like the way they pounce on you when you start looking - lol :s-smilie:

..dunno if you have a bhs near you - unblievelably they are quite good as well for some stuff...also M&S - though M&S tends to be a little more discret in there styling - lol
Reply 9
Might be worth trying a department store. It doesn't sound particularly glamorous, but they will stock lingerie from a range of major brands, so there should be something that would work for you.
Reply 10
Princesse Tam Tam.Such gorgeous underwear, ridiculous prices....
Reply 11
Elondra
Princesse Tam Tam.Such gorgeous underwear, ridiculous prices....

Ooh, when me and my ex went to Paris he bought me some of this for Valentines. It is very expensive isn't it! Cute though.
Reply 12
Wish I was your boyfriend...

:p:
Reply 13
jodie_lee
Ooh, when me and my ex went to Paris he bought me some of this for Valentines. It is very expensive isn't it! Cute though.

I know what I'll be asking for our 1st year anniversary which happens to fall on Valentine's Day:wink: :yep:
jodie_lee
Okay, so after 10 weeks of not seeing my boyfriend, I finally get him back just before Christmas. So, I decided to buy some cute underwear from Ann Summers, nothing to extreme, just the basque type things...and they were awful! They just didn't look right; I'm not even that small, yeah I fit into a size 6, I'm a 30C, but I have friends who look smaller than me.

Ann Summers have funny sizing - I find with some of the stuff, I have to go a waist size lower and a bra size higher than normal - I think its an attempt to flatter the customers lol.
I like their stuff tbh, the only problem I've had is a suspender strap snapped before I even put it on.
Underwear is a tricky one to get right though; what with different shapes and sizes. I can't think where else you could get basques though...:s-smilie:
Reply 15
inksplodge

I hope for the OP's boyfriend's sake that this advice is fully ignored.
Reply 16
alisama
I hope for the OP's boyfriend's sake that this advice is fully ignored.

Haha, he is definately getting me wrapped up in new underwear for Christmas :smile:

I'm going to have a look around, I'm short of time as I go to Australia Thursday and the only department store close by is a smallish Debenhams, so I'll have a browse. I may try the basque I really like in Ann Summers again, and play around with the sizing. I also tried the Sexy Santa outfit the other day and even in the smallest size it was huge, which had put me in a bit of a mood with the shop!

Latest