The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I really dont like Stanford, it looks too artificial,and it's bordering on unnecessarily gaudy. It just seems like the architects just tried to force the feeling of history and cultural when they designed it.
bourney
I really dont like Stanford, it looks too artificial,and it's bordering on unnecessarily gaudy. It just seems like the architects just tried to force the feeling of history and cultural when they designed it.

I must be one of the few people then who actually like the look of Stanford.
ILIGAN
Chicago is really ugly in real. It's a bizarre copycat of Oxford/Cambridge. It does look nice in pictures though.

I disagree; I rather liked walking about Hyde Park. It had a very pleasant atmosphere.
Reply 123
ILIGAN
Thanks. Yeah, that was John Harvard's monument on one of the photos.
I also lost my pics of Baker Library. It's huge and amazingly beautiful. It's like a palace -- in a very literal sense of the word. Harvard is a very rich school.

I'm flying to Harvard in a couple of months from now. I will have an interview at the business school.

How did the Harvard interview go? Awesome thread
Reply 124
Valour
Do all US universities look like classic buildings? I prefer modern ones. Are there any?

Smith College:

Spoiler

ILIGAN
With the exception of Cambridge, Oxford and Warwick, is there any UK uni that is as beautiful as UC Berkeley?

And, wait until I post Stanford pictures here. They say: Stanford has got to be the most beautiful university in the US. It's like heaven on earth. :smile:

Thanks for those photos. They are two of my three favourite universities in the world. Stanford, then Columbia, then Berkeley. Truly stunning.
Reply 126
Sad to see that there weren't any pictures of Dartmouth, or at least as far as I could see. I don't have too many pictures of the buildings (at least not without many people posing in front of them). But I've attached a few.

Spoiler

The Dartmouth website also has a lot of pictures: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~gallery/
Gotta love New England. My homeland!

Latest

Trending

Trending