The Student Room Group
Reply 1
you've underestimated the workload, its nothing to be ashamed of, it simply means you need to devote more time to physics. Ask your teacher, there job is to help you remember :smile:
Reply 2
Revise, past papers, work harder, etc
Just keep working at it and do constant revision on what you learn in lessons. Then revise like crazy before exams start. Worked for me.
Reply 4
So you got an A? :biggrin:
Reply 5
Learn every equation you need and it is very very easy to get an A.

Look at the question and before you answer it write down what values you know, and what values you have to find out. Pull the relevant equation out of your memory, and put the numbers into it. It's a memory test.
If you follow my advice systematically, you WILL get an A providing you do just a bit of work.
1) Get a copy of the syllabus
2) Go through each area systematically.
For each heading on the syllabus, re-write your notes in concise form. I.E. write your own revision textbook in effect. To do this, you need to be using your notes, one or preferably two revision guides, and a couple of past papers.
Read through your notes and the revision guides on this area. Check that using these materials you would be able to satisfactorily answer some past paper questions on that topic.
Then write your own notes. As concise as possible, but making sure you incorporate all the factual knowledge and all the equations you need to know. You don't need to write stuff that you already know and won't forget.
If you have your folder-of-knowledge completed by the time of the exams (have it completed at least 2 weeks before the exams), all you have to do is learn it and you will get an A.
3) Check that you can apply it close to the exams. This is done by going through exam papers, which you will probably do in your lessons anyway. Basically just checking that you are not missing out on silly marks that you knew, but could have got if you looked carefully at the mark scheme.

It really does NOT take that long. It is just a systematic and logical way of doing the revision that you would be doing anyway. It shouldn't take more than an hour or two to make sure you have everything that you need to know about a topic down on paper in a revisable format. It doesn't take any more time than simply randomly reading books and notes, which is a bad way of revising because you won't remember everything you read, and not everything you read will be relevant, so you have no really effective materials to revise from. You need to do this because your notes, and particular revision guides, are never complete in themselves and always have big gaps when compared to what you are actually asked in your exam. This is why you need to make a folder-of-knowledge. If you do all 3 steps systematically, you should be totally prepared and should get 100% in the exam (it worked for me in physics - 100% at AS).

Latest