The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Tom4510
Why shouldn't we offer you a place here?

Because I'd decline it if I get a better offer :wink:
Reply 21
ayesha2210
the disadvantage of the course...
the number of ducks on the campus couldn't be a reason why they shouldn't offer someone a place? could it?

i thought it was, but the quoting made me unsure (im tired)
Reply 22
im an international student and i got
after u finish five years are you going to stay here or go back to your home country...i didnt know what to say so i just said im not sure i havnt decided yet...
i still got an offer....BUT that was definately an annoying question
Reply 23
Haz313
my friend who got interviewd last year got asked all sorts...

'What would you do with a brick?'
etc

have to admit, i'd give a non-plussed look and explain that i had several hundred bricks all happily sitting in the shape of a house, at home and that i was quite content to leave them where they were.

honestly, does anyone else feel that some of the unis are bordering on rude, in the questions they ask? I mean, i know they're sposed to see how you deal with confrontation, but for example, i had a friend get asked how their parents (iranian) felt about her dancing and whether they thought it was unseemly.
having been asked that, i would have been tempted to point out that my personal life is my personal life and that there are certain bounds that aren't relevant or pertinent to my application.
Reply 24
motiv3
hahhaha. Based on your 'jumping out of window' ability they would offer you a place.

How was Liverpool interview? Did they grill you? Also did u get to see the beauties of Liverpool i.e. the chavs :P

My window jumping ability does seem to be above average :cool:

And there was no grilling!
The interviewers were actually really chilled out :woo:
And...Liverpool may not be the prettiest place ever [there seemed to be a lot of derelict buildings :s-smilie:] but it's very...cultural :p:
apatel90
im an international student and i got
after u finish five years are you going to stay here or go back to your home country...i didnt know what to say so i just said im not sure i havnt decided yet...
i still got an offer....BUT that was definately an annoying question

I can imagine. But tbh they don't mind as long as they get the $$
Reply 26
Make_It
My window jumping ability does seem to be above average :cool:

And there was no grilling!
The interviewers were actually really chilled out :woo:
And...Liverpool may not be the prettiest place ever [there seemed to be a lot of derelict buildings :s-smilie:] but it's very...cultural :p:

haha i know but they are being revitalised and a lot is being spent back into the city due to capital of culture etc

wow im surprised that they were nice! And there goes you thinking you had a terrible interview (based on other posts)! Im sure you've done fine. The best way to assess your chances are on the final comment that they say after you've asked questions or not.

If they say:

'You will be hearing from us shortly'-probs an offer
'Good luck with your application'- sorry we didn't really like you, but we wish you the best with the other unis you've applied for.

and if they go...thank you then there playing the psychological game!
Reply 27
motiv3
haha i know but they are being revitalised and a lot is being spent back into the city due to capital of culture etc

wow im surprised that they were nice! And there goes you thinking you had a terrible interview (based on other posts)! Im sure you've done fine. The best way to assess your chances are on the final comment that they say after you've asked questions or not.

If they say:

'You will be hearing from us shortly'-probs an offer
'Good luck with your application'- sorry we didn't really like you, but we wish you the best with the other unis you've applied for.

and if they go...thank you then there playing the psychological game!

They were fine, I was the problem!

And they said 'Thank you' ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I hate mind games :rolleyes:
Reply 28
Make_It

hahha i would love to be an interviewer. Use simple psychology. Wear a yellow tie so how my dominance, put a cup of water next to them. See if they drink when i drink. Also the classic shake their hand and look at them sternly in the eyes.

i would be an evil interviewer, muaaahhaha. However, if you were to pass my tests then defo offer you a place!
Reply 29
sorry for going off topic,but can anyone please draw the 3D structure of chromate ion.
Reply 30
Tom4510
Why shouldn't we offer you a place here?

I would honestly say nothing then if they didnt get the hint I would say "Why have you asked me such a horrible question?"
Reply 31
shriya
sorry for going off topic,but can anyone please draw the 3D structure of chromate ion.

google it?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a3/Chromate_diagram.png
Reply 32

does that mean there is a double bond between cr and o?
Reply 33
Nicolish
I would honestly say nothing then if they didnt get the hint I would say "Why have you asked me such a horrible question?"

They'd probably be testing to see how you act under pressure. If so, silence may not be the best thing to do under the circumstances. lol
Make_It

This is funny. Seems like your L'pool interview experience and my sgul experience are almost exactly the same.

Whats Thank you supposed to mean :frown:... The lady said thank you quite a few times, I was like, 'wow you really want me to rush out of the room. She also asked if i had any questions , when i said 'No', she said : we have a student ont he panel with us, so if you have any question, then i said that their prospectue and web site has answered my questions about their uni etc.
Reply 35
Tom4510
They'd probably be testing to see how you act under pressure. If so, silence may not be the best thing to do under the circumstances. lol

Lol that's not pressure that's just mean! :p:
Reply 36
motiv3
hahha i would love to be an interviewer. Use simple psychology. Wear a yellow tie so how my dominance, put a cup of water next to them. See if they drink when i drink. Also the classic shake their hand and look at them sternly in the eyes.

i would be an evil interviewer, muaaahhaha. However, if you were to pass my tests then defo offer you a place!

Oh I remembered the looking the eyes and shaking hand thing yayayayayayyy.
I wouldn't even touch the water, I would end up spilling it down by front :rolleyes:
motiv3

I am fine with hand shake (thats when i didnt panic at all) and eye contact. Hmm, yellow tie would make me chuckle in my head and probably distract me a bit. As for water, hmm I wouldnt drink it.
Reply 38
SilentGirl
This is funny. Seems like your L'pool interview experience and my sgul experience are almost exactly the same.

Whats Thank you supposed to mean :frown:... The lady said thank you quite a few times, I was like, 'wow you really want to rush out of the room. She also asked if i had any questions , when i said 'No', she said : we have a student ont he panel with us, so if you have any question, then i said that their prospectue and web site has answered my questions about their uni etc.

Are we the same person?

I'm beginning the think we are lol.
The bold bit is what I said when I was asked for questions :rolleyes:
And it felt like they were rushing me out of the room too...or maybe that was just me:p:
FTC199
was that is relation to the "what is a disadvantage to the course" question? or the other one? if anyone ever gets my question do not actually give an answer unless its "i would prefer slightly more PBL but overall think the course is fantastic" or something to that extent

Oh dear! What did you actually criticise then?!

Latest

Trending

Trending