The Student Room Group
Reply 1
The official line is... "cambridge do not usually enter UCAS clearing". and there is the summer pool to contedn with. It seems that you get in or re-apply.
Reply 2
Out of the two universities I think only Homerton enter clearing; and that's only for Route II Education, IIRC.
Reply 3
So something like Biology or Chemistry would be out of the question?!?
Since everything except Education at Homerton is out of the question, then Biology and Chemistry are out of the question, yes. :wink:
Reply 5
Surely somehing like Classics at St Hilda's would be on clearing too?!? It has less applications than places available!
Reply 6
kingslaw
Surely somehing like Classics at St Hilda's would be on clearing too?!? It has less applications than places available!

Good candidates from other colleges get pooled there though
Reply 7
Bezza
Good candidates from other colleges get pooled there though

Does Oxford have a summer pool system like the one at Cambridge?
Reply 8
visesh
Does Oxford have a summer pool system like the one at Cambridge?

Yes. (I don't know of anyone getting moved around by it though)
Reply 9
RxB
Yes. (I don't know of anyone getting moved around by it though)

Ah ok then. Cheers.:smile:

Sorry if I am going off-topic, but do people with Open Offers get allocated to colleges with a low applicaiton ratio, or to colleges where others have missed their offers, or a combination of both?
Reply 10
visesh
Ah ok then. Cheers.:smile:

Sorry if I am going off-topic, but do people with Open Offers get allocated to colleges with a low applicaiton ratio, or to colleges where others have missed their offers, or a combination of both?

to colleges where others have missed their offers. If no one misses their offers then the college that originally made the Open Offer are obliged to take them
I doubt wel ever see Oxbridge advertised in the clearing sections of newspapers but if you get in touch with them you might be able to find the odd place or two available on less popular courses. The same applies to LSE and some other institutions.
Basically: open applicants get allocated so as to fill the places at all colleges, and then people with open offers are allocated to fill places vacated by those who missed their offers. Leaving no need for Clearing.
Reply 13
an Siarach
I doubt wel ever see Oxbridge advertised in the clearing sections of newspapers but if you get in touch with them you might be able to find the odd place or two available on less popular courses. The same applies to LSE and some other institutions.

sort of off-topic, but do you mean it might be possible to find a place on a course at lse thru clearing (although I understand they probably wouldnt be advertised in the newspapers and it'd mean contacting them)?cause even if it is for a less popular course id think there'd still be enough people for it to be filled..?

Latest

Trending

Trending