The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
In first year- a few times a week, mostly for nights out.

Now I'm an old fuddy duddy post grad, maybe once a fortnight for a night out and less for shopping!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Postgrad..

Nightout usually once a week but depending on who's DJin at Gatecrasher... and sometimes I go out with friends to other clubs like Oceana and Ocean which is like once a week or every few weeks..

Shopping- Once every 3-4 weeks or so because I'm generally working most of the time and I don't really need to buy anything.
UltimateJ
This is for all those at Nottingham uni, how often do you visit the city itself, and for a night out, or just in the day time for shopping??

For me, I went every weekend for the first few weeks, then once every three weeks for variation over walking to Aldi and the Co-Op, also to take visiting friends and family out.

As for nights out, about three times a week for the first few weeks after freshers week, now I go out about once a week due to a heavy workload.

I would say most people have the same pattern as me, but there is always the group that are exceptional who go out every night, and get no work done - also I don't know how thay afford it :biggrin: It's cheap, but it ain't that cheap!
I go there quite a lot. Generally go shopping at least once a week, mainly to get off campus. Also I have a couple of nights out in town a week. I love it actually. Went ice skating in the city centre yesterday.
Reply 5
Certainly not as often as I thought I would, so don't let the distance between city and campus put you off. Mainly for nights out really.

FWIW, from what I read on here I expected Nottingham to be a real ****hole but it's actually a really nice city.
I don't go to town terribly often to be honest , something like once every two weeks or so but then again I don't like clubbing which quite a lot of fresher events seem to be centred on.Having said that , I did have a nice time at a gig recently at the Bodega Social (fantastic place) a couple of weeks ago now.
Reply 7
Any night real night out involves going into the city. If I need something specifically I'll shop in town, though I can go for weeks without ever going in as I just walk to Beeston for general stuff
how long does it take to get from the uni to the town centre?
Reply 9
^ 10-15 minute bus ride.
From Jubilee Campus it takes about 25 minutes when walking and around 10 minutes on the bus however the only thing which annoys me about the buses is the fact that you must have the exact change.. although I've heard of buses which do give out change... does anyone care to expand on this?
IcEmAn911
From Jubilee Campus it takes about 25 minutes when walking and around 10 minutes on the bus however the only thing which annoys me about the buses is the fact that you must have the exact change.. although I've heard of buses which do give out change... does anyone care to expand on this?

yeah the exact change thing is annoying, and i haven't been on a bus that didn't need exact change. TBH i've only gone out about 2-3 times a month, apart from freshers week... Spent all of these months low on cash :frown:
If I need change for the bus I just nip into the exchange building and ask for it, they are always happy to help usually, either in the blackwells or the cafe :smile:
Reply 13
thetopnotch
yeah the exact change thing is annoying, and i haven't been on a bus that didn't need exact change. TBH i've only gone out about 2-3 times a month, apart from freshers week... Spent all of these months low on cash :frown:

NCT buses don't give change, but Trent-Barton buses do - Trent-Barton does Indigo and Rainbow 4 (that go along Derby Road) and NCT does 34/35/36 and probably some others

Latest

Trending

Trending