The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not advisable.
Reply 2
it depend on what you feel you'll actually get in the summer.
i applied to places with higher offers than my predicted grades and still got offers. you just need to be able to make the offer.
Are you resitting anything, and the GCSES? If so, apply to the BBB ones. If not: don't bother.
Reply 4
Urm i would go for the second option
cos you can then work hard to meet the grades

The first one you would have to retake maths or something.

Just apply for one because they might like your PS, reference etc
and then offer you a place
or offer you an interview.

Give it ago. Its only one choice!!!
Reply 5
If the entrance requirements are B in GCSE maths then you do not meet the entrance requirements and so you will make the admissions tutor's job very easy!
So go for the 2nd option
2nd one, unless you are resitting the GCSE you will probably be automatically rejected from the 1st one.
Reply 7
It also depends on which course you are apllying to and to which university.

Good luck anyway
Reply 8
if you apply above your predicted grades universities are less likely to take you on or consider you unless they have extra space and not many peoiple have applied for that course, goodluck anyways =]
Second. GCSE is basic entry, whereas A-level is slightly malleable.
One of my mates is predicted BBC and got a BBB offer. Saying that his uni doesn't know he got BDEU at AS!
Im applying to Nottingham for law with predicted grades of AAB for an AAA course its only one choice just go for it and see what happens
Reply 11
Yes as the previous poster said, just go for it if you really want to go there. Obviously you may be at a disadvantage compared to other applicants but if you really feel like you can get the grades they're asking for and you have a good statement and reference advertising yourself well, you may still get an offer but make sure you have insurance options that have requirements that match your predicted grades in case.

I've seen people with quite a few grades (ASs and predicted) below the entry requirements and still somehow get an offer so you may have a chance.
Reply 12
It's quite possible, I got CCDD and applied for a course which needed BBB.

It was the only university/course I applied to on UCAS so my personal statement was aimed at them, which is probably why I got a (conditional) offer and I achieved it, too.
Reply 13
Lol I think I should officially be crowned king of this thread. I applied to 4 AAA-AAB courses and 1 340 points course (which is a backup becuase I'm doing 4 A2s). I'm predicted BBCD.

The plan was 3 high choices and 2 low-mid choices but on UCAS liverpool's course was BBB but in actual fact it is AAB I only found out after I sent mine off.

You can't do option 1 because I think it's a strict requirement (the gcses) so I would go for option 2.
Reply 14
fantasystar38
Second. GCSE is basic entry, whereas A-level is slightly malleable.
One of my mates is predicted BBC and got a BBB offer. Saying that his uni doesn't know he got BDEU at AS!

Yes they do (if he applied through UCAS).
You'll probs get rejected
Reply 16
In my opinion through what i have learn't from older siblings and other people. They Just say apply to the places where you feel confident that you can get the grade stated on the web.

Getting the offer apparently isn't that hard, getting the grades is what most be struggle with in a certain course I.e in my Case i gt CCD at As But i no that i can get AAB if i retake modules and work my arse off this yr.

I think your reference is really important but in my case am aware that my tutor will mention how he pridicted me BBC but have the potential of AAB.

In my case i went for 1 very high AAB, 2 high ABB , 1mid-easy BBB and 1 easy BBC.
Reply 17
if they want BBB and ur predicted BBD a respectable and most unis will laugh at u and give u a str8 rejection
Reply 18
don't bother, although you're in a pretty **** situation because you got two respectable predictions then one ***** one :frown: doesn't lead to much choice
hmm, unlucky you got those predictions. maybe apply to just one uni that requires BBB, and then 4 other ones that require lower grades.

Latest

Trending

Trending