Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Toshiba or Samsung laptop??

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My old Toshiba laptop recently broke and I really need a new one soon. Have been doing some research and have narrowed it down to either toshiba A300-1MC or Samsung R510.

http://www.johnlewis.com/Shopping/Co...2451|230517209

They are pretty much identical spec but the Samsung looks much prettier. But my old toshiba was really good so I feel I should maybe stick with them, and don't want to buy something just because it looks better!

If anyone has any advice about which brand might be better then i would really appreciate it.

Thanks
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    samsung prettier
    i nearly bought a samsung till i realised it would be too heavy to carry about
    my flatmate has a samsung and said never buy one... so ummm
    i guess toshiba better but samsung prettier...
    personally id get the samsung but i did base the decision on whether or not to buy this one on the fact it had cool blue lights.... lol
    x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got a toshiba a300, not exactually same specs but they're built the same and I can say mines good quality. Go for toshiba.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I actually think the Toshiba looks better, but maybe (and more than likely) I just have no sense of style? (Speaking from the fact I am currently wearing grey socks with red stars on them) :p:

All I can say in relation to the laptops is that I have a Toshiba currently and have had no problems with it so far (After 8 months). Both are highly reputable brands in the laptop market so you shouldn't really have any problems with them.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWizard)
    I actually think the Toshiba looks better, but maybe (and more than likely) I just have no sense of style? (Speaking from the fact I am currently wearing grey socks with red stars on them) :p:

All I can say in relation to the laptops is that I have a Toshiba currently and have had no problems with it so far (After 8 months). Both are highly reputable brands in the laptop market so you shouldn't really have any problems with them.
    :O nooo nooo nooo samsung are prettier :P #

I soooooooooooooooo want a new laptop
    i think this one will expload soon anyway
    x

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 27, 2008
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.