Reply 61
LH123
Bristol, geography. Posted that earlier on in the thread I think. :p:

at least they gave you a personalized response
Reply 62
Indeed. :smile:
Reply 63
LH123
I found out why now; although my GCSE grades were good my AS ones were not. :sad:

did you have to declare your AS grades? Because I can't see that being the main reason they rejected you. It could have been your PS/Reference you know... + Bristol has this equality rule thing so your schools academic performance may have had a bearing. mm I dunno, you were applying for Cambridge, so you must have some intelligence :smile:
Reply 64
02mik_e
did you have to declare your AS grades? Because I can't see that being the main reason they rejected you. It could have been your PS/Reference you know... + Bristol has this equality rule thing so your schools academic performance may have had a bearing. mm I dunno, you were applying for Cambridge, so you must have some intelligence :smile:

As I've said a million times now, they said that on my letter. :p: Either way, I'm sure there were multitudes of people applying to Bristol with better grades at AS than me, and I do admit, they said something about not having detailed insight within the PS. But come on, it's only around 700 words, how was I supposed to do that.

Either way, doesnt matter anymore. :smile:
Reply 65
LH123
As I've said a million times now, they said that on my letter. :p: Either way, I'm sure there were multitudes of people applying to Bristol with better grades at AS than me, and I do admit, they said something about not having detailed insight within the PS. But come on, it's only around 700 words, how was I supposed to do that.

Either way, doesnt matter anymore. :smile:

ah cool, your applying to other great unis so there loss :smile: . What so did they find out about your AS grades by you declaring them? or did they check?, because if they check I have no chance lol, I'm expecting a rejection anyway :frown:
Reply 66
02mik_e
ah cool, your applying to other great unis so there loss :smile: . What so did they find out about your AS grades by you declaring them? or did they check?, because if they check I have no chance lol, I'm expecting a rejection anyway :frown:

Of course I declared my AS grades. They weren't that bad, per se, but certainly worse than many other applicants at Bristol. This year they had 15 applicants for every geography spot; in comparison Cambridge had around 3-4 for each spot in 2007, I think it was.
alirox
ahha, probably.. how ever it could also be the reference!
in my school we are not allowed to see our references!

Same at our college; we're not allowed to read them, so our tutor simply reads them to us instead :p:

In answer to the thread, I still haven't a clue why I was rejected from Cambridge without interview. Although I'm hoping to get a letter back from them in the coming days.
Reply 68
Clements-
Same at our college; we're not allowed to read them, so our tutor simply reads them to us instead :p:

In answer to the thread, I still haven't a clue why I was rejected from Cambridge without interview. Although I'm hoping to get a letter back from them in the coming days.

hey but u got an offer from ur other uniS!
alirox
hey but u got an offer from ur other uniS!

This is true, but still. Although as long as I get Bristol/Warwick I'll be happy.
Reply 70
Clements-
This is true, but still. Although as long as I get Bristol/Warwick I'll be happy.

same here!
i reallly badly want to go to warwick
Reply 71
I dislike Manchester so much!!!

I asked them for feedback and their answer (at least I got one...) shows that they haven't really read anything from my UCAS!
They think I've done high school in the US (woot?) and that I haven't taken any science courses when I'm currently in UNIVERSITY and in the last two years I've taken courses from other departments, like physics and biology... Are they telling me that taking physics in Uni is nothing compared to doing it in High school? I'm incredibly mad! READ MY STUPID APPLICATION, DAMN IT!

I tried to explain that I don't have AP's (whatever those are), that I'm not "coming", as they put it, from the US and that my science courses are at uni level... But if they haven't really read my Ucas to find this out for themselves, I don't think I'll get an answer.
Reply 72
Cantarella

I asked them for feedback and their answer (at least I got one...) shows that they haven't really read anything from my UCAS!
They think I've done high school in the US (woot?) and that I haven't taken any science courses when I'm currently in UNIVERSITY and in the last two years I've taken courses from other departments, like physics and biology... Are they telling me that taking physics in Uni is nothing compared to doing it in High school? I'm incredibly mad! READ MY STUPID APPLICATION, DAMN IT!

I tried to explain that I don't have AP's (whatever those are), that I'm not "coming", as they put it, from the US and that my science courses are at uni level... But if they haven't really read my Ucas to find this out for themselves, I don't think I'll get an answer.

why dont you call them and clear things out!?
Reply 73
alirox
why dont you call them and clear things out!?

Time difference and the cost of the call from overseas, mostly. I may make an effort if I indeed don’t get an answer after finals.
Reply 74
Cantarella
Time difference and the cost of the call from overseas, mostly. I may make an effort if I indeed don’t get an answer after finals.

good luck with that...
Reply 75
Well they did answer... In the first email they were telling me that I needed two science subjects (in AP or whatever) and Math. I said I had taken 3 Math courses, Bio and Physics in Uni and they replied that I didn't have enough Bio and Chemistry. As it's true that I haven't taken any Chem since I was in secondary school, I've decided not to argue anymore because obiously this is what they are gonna use against my application even if I reply that I do have Bio (my final exam is actually next week and I'm predicted an A, go figure).

I hope the other Unis don't do the same, but who knows =/. Crossing fingers...
Reply 76
Cantarella

AP's (advanced placement) are the exams taken by US students who are really good at subjects. I think they're like our A-levels.
Sorry about Manchester though
Reply 77
Montarnna
AP's (advanced placement) are the exams taken by US students who are really good at subjects. I think they're like our A-levels.
Sorry about Manchester though

ahh thanks for clearing that out
Clements-

Hey :smile: might sound weird but where in portsmouth are you from? I might have seen you around college/ an old school. I am also from Portsmouth .
alirox
if u have alll your offers why would u want to read my ps?

Just for a read, doesnt matter though i dont care about you anymore

Latest

Trending

Trending