The Student Room Group

Plato- politics and ethics

hey, i'm actualy a history student in my first year at uni but we've been set this question for our political philosophy module and i'm really struggling to find some key themes that i could discuss.

the question is: Does plato successfully establish a relationship between ethics and politics?

we have to base it mainly on The Republic but we can cite other work. I'd be really grateful if anyone could help me out with this.

Thanks!
Reply 1
I can't actually help you with the question, but I'm currently doing Plato and a book I've found really useful is: The Cambridge Companion to Plato. I just thought it would help if you had a look in it.
Reply 2
Have you actually read the republic? Ethics and their link to politics is pretty much based on a sense of civic imperative, as to how successfully he achieves this (I'm massively not a fan of Plato) is for you to decide.
Reply 3
p78edu
Have you actually read the republic? Ethics and their link to politics is pretty much based on a sense of civic imperative, as to how successfully he achieves this (I'm massively not a fan of Plato) is for you to decide.

yes i've read the republic i just had some trouble with finding a thematic approach to answering the question because like you said it can basically be summed up in two words.

Latest

Trending

Trending