The Student Room Group

Single Science to Double Science?

Hey all :smile:
I'm redoing my Single Science this year (in March), but I heard that double award Science is the Single Science and the Additional Science award put together or something... Is it true?
And if so, does the Single Science + Additional = Double Science? Or not? Is it like, a proper Double Science exam or something? So like, would my edexcel certificate say, like, say I get 2 Bs:

Single Science: B
Additional Science: B

Or, Double Science: BB?

Just wondering if it was worth me taking additional Science, or not really!

And also, would I have to redo my Single Science completley to do it? - As I'd be redoing my Single Science, but doing the Additional bit if that's correct

Ahh, okay, according to the edexcel site It'd be separate or something from my prior Single Science grade.... meaning I'd essentially have to do Double Science completley. meaning, I'd have double Science and single science. which is weird/stupid. Couldn't I just take the additional then? Ahhh :s-smilie:

Edexcel would be helpful ;P
Reply 1
Mine said, science A*
Additional Science A*

Duno if that any help?
Reply 2
Jooeee
Mine said, science A*
Additional Science A*

Duno if that any help?

Hah Show off. :P but thanks. Yeah. Did you have to do a practical for Additional Science? I only have my Single Science one
Hmm, what exam board did you do?
Reply 3
SiaSiaSia
Hah Show off. :P but thanks. Yeah. Did you have to do a practical for Additional Science? I only have my Single Science one
Hmm, what exam board did you do?

I would assume so. I had to, but I did it with AQA A, so it could be different.
Reply 4
my OCR said
Science:A
Add Science:A

:p:
Reply 5
jelly1000
I would assume so. I had to, but I did it with AQA A, so it could be different.

Ahh okay.
Hmm i'll have to call them up, really.
Reply 6
Core and additional science are two separate GCSEs. Each will need separate ISAs (so 1 each I think? I did triple science so not sure)
Reply 7
Are the grades for single and additional on the same piece of paper?
Reply 8
If they're with the same exam board, then yes.
Reply 9
Thats cheap. I would want two certificates for two gcses. It looks better lol.
Reply 10
ahahah i'm so confused :P
iGurpreet
Thats cheap. I would want two certificates for two gcses. It looks better lol.

All of your exams on a single exam board are put onto a single certificate. So i had 9 GCSEs on the same bit of paper.

Latest