The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We're not all obessed with jewellry. The media makes out that we are. Same thing about shoes. Its more "cause and effect" but the other way round. Media constantly advises shoes perfume and hair = girls becoming obsessed with it. But not all girls like jewellry. I hardly wear any. i find necklaces annoying and wear one braclet just to fiddle with (that someone else bought me s a present).
Don't generalize.
I tend to have a few things I'll always wear, and most that'll stay locked away.
Although, most of that will be stuff I've been given as opposed to that which I've bought personally or asked to be bought for me.
Reply 22
*Star*Guitar*
Why do we love (real) jewellry? Because its an investment :biggrin:

That sounds about right!
I just inherited some vintage pieces from my grandmother that includes an ivory/lapis-lazuli necklace, a red coral necklace, a black pearl necklace, some diamond earrings and a beautiful sapphire/emerald/opal ring that I hear cost about £800 D;
Some of them look quite casual so I wear them to accessorise from day to day, though of course I also have some regular shop bought jewellery to wear more often. Usually keep the really precious pieces for special ocassions only!
Gemma_08
Coz we are blingin'.

this
A good necklace can make a big neck look smaller, rings and earrings can distract attention from embarrassing ears or fingers.

Or your girlfrind may just like all the bling bling.
Personally, I'd rather have a few choice peices, that I really like, than lots and lots of cheap bits tht I will a few times and then forget about it.

I guess she likes you to buy her lots of bits cos she likes to feel like you're spoiling her....but if you can't afford it, you really shouldn't do it.
I probably have a few grand's worth of jewelery, but it's all silver and will last me for my entire life.
(Oh yeah, my mum owns a silver shop, and I get to help out with the buying :biggrin: )

As long as I have stuff that goes with most outfits, I'm content for life, and it's much better than buying cheap stuff that I won't want next month.
The most expensive thing? Either my antique gold and pearl set from Bagdhad (apparently a family heirloom), or my 400 Lapiz Lazuli bracelet (but I now have matching rings, pendants and pair of earrings :p: )

Why can't we have nice shiny things? You get all the gadgets! (wait, I have them too :/)
I hate jewellery and dont wear it at all :p:
Reply 28
I only wear lots of jewellery to Indian parties and weddings

Latest