The Student Room Group

Does sending your UCAS late mean Interview later in the year?

Hey guys!

just a quick quesion i was hoping could answer

does sendind off ur application just before the deadline mean that universities will read ur application later and therefore give u an interview later in the year if u was to get 1?

could sending it off just before the closing time result in you havin a smaller chance of gettin in as their spaces getting filled up?

thanks for ur replys, mine was all sent and gone on the 15th of october (the last day) and i still havnt herd anything from any of my unis

cheers

sam
Depends on what university. If the unis choose interview candidates based on UKCAT, then no. If they don't I think there's a chance you may get an interview later if you sent you app in later, but I'm not sure
Reply 2
No it doesn't. The order in which people submit their forums to UCAS IS NOT the order which UCAS forwards them to the universities. Its done deliberately to prevent universities from preferentially choosing the first candidates to apply.

As long as your form was recieved by the 15th they will consider you equally with everyone else. Its still very early, do not worry about interviews. Its common for people to not hear anything till late in december and even january.
Reply 3
airtones
No it doesn't. The order in which people submit their forums to UCAS IS NOT the order which UCAS forwards them to the universities. Its done deliberately to prevent universities from preferentially choosing the first candidates to apply.

As long as your form was recieved by the 15th they will consider you equally with everyone else. Its still very early, do not worry about interviews. Its common for people to not hear anything till late in december and even january.

I always though that too, but then again, didn't some people receive interviews from B'ham before the 15th?
Reply 4
I'm not really sure if there is a set rule about it. However it wouldn't supprise me if they looked at them in the order (batch wise atleast I think they are sent it batches) that they get them. However that doesn't mean that you will be less likely to get an interview if you applied towards the deadline :smile:

However my application went off around the 14th/15th of October and all of my interviews were late. I was on the final interview day for two of them and second or third from last with the others.

Interview wise it is still early days try not to worry.
Reply 5
One of my friends applied for Medicine on the 15th October, and she's only got one interview, which is Cambridge.

Latest

Trending

Trending