The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't hate the Brits, just some of them - your statement has been disproved.
Reply 2
Our Empire?
Reply 3
Owly-woes
I don't hate the Brits, just some of them - your statement has been disproved.

gold star+ round of applause
Because of the rowdiness of today's youth in Europe's streets, the war(s) and colonialism. That should be about it.
Reply 5
Speak for yourself, OP.
Reply 6
Oh dear. I thought this "what have we done to deserve this kind of hate?!" attitude survived only in America.
Reply 7
jawa
gold star+ round of applause

Wow, thanks, if I were to do another PS I would include that "award."
Reply 8
They dont really. Why would so many be in the commonwealth and have the queen as a figurehead?
Cos all we are now is a big strap-on to america- we used to be respected across the world, now we have lost that respect and have instead received nothing but contempt for our fall from grace
Reply 10
Because we are in Iraq and support the USA.
Reply 11
The rest of the world doesn't hate the brits in any way, shape or form...
Lulz on the jealousy.

It's probably just colonial stuff. Why does everyone hate the Germans? It's interesting, because it's generally a hatred of the English. When I go abroad and people ask me if I'm English they seem a little rude, but once I say, for instance, Pais de Galois (sp?) then they seem to lighten up. Maybe it's just me though.
Reply 13
Are we hated?
jawa
I know everyone hates the Americans because they bully just nearly everyone (even the Brits).

But then, what have WE done to the world to deserve being targeted?

REEEEAAAALLY, you aint got a clue!!?!??!?! Maybe you should look at History and see.....
probably cause of all those puppies we ate.
Reply 16
Well, plundering half the world and being America's stooge doesn't help.
Though; it's more dislike than HATE.
Mithra
The rest of the world doesn't hate the brits in any way, shape or form...

Either you're joking, in which case, it wasn't particularly funny, or you're just very, very naive...
Inquilaab
Well, plundering half the world and being America's stooge doesn't help.
Though; it's more dislike than HATE.

I think the relationship with America has a lot to do with it. Reckon it'll change under Boatrack Mombassa?

Oh, and kudos on the avatar. Storm is the single best twenty minute post rock epic that's ever existed. That's for sure.
Honestly? Because we backed down. We were easily the best imperialists the world has seen in terms of justice and ability. We treated India much better a hundred or more years ago than the US is treating Iraq. We knew how to run an empire properly (vis. sending out our best and brightest to live in the colonies for a generation e.t.c), and then we just went "Oh all right, I suppose we can give up". Then everywhere we used to run, with a few exceptions fell into post-colonial dictatorship and crappiness.

Like America. The only nation to go from barbaris to decadence without civilization in between. (Yes I love wilde)

Latest

Trending

Trending