University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1
I've heard that John Dodgson is mainly for post grads. My choices will prob be:

1) Schafer House
2) Prankerd House
3) Astor College

It would be good the hear ppls views on UCL accomodation as they dont go into much detail on the accom website.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
I head schafler house has a bad hygeine problem. Not sure if it's true.

2 main things are essential for me:
En-suite
Net connection in room

I don't care about rest of the factors, although a parking space would be v.good.

Can anyone give me advice? Would it be worth me phoning ucl accomodation place when i receive my offer?
Reply 3
I'm in Prankerd and it's excellent, bit like a decent cheap hotel room. It can be quiet and it's mainly international or the odd mature (me!!) but there are still quite a few 1st years, probably because it's slightly more expensive. Kitchens are shared btwn 12 and nobody nicks food!!The other good point is that it's just over the road from UCL so you can get up 10mins before a lecture!!!!

When filling in the Accom form you have to put down a couple of preferences and your top one. If you want Net connection and en suite then just tick the en suite box as all ensuite accom has net. Also it's about £109 pw so put 110 down as the max your willing to spend.

Schafer house is OK, it's shared flatlets and no ensuite. They have parking there (only about 10 places) so get in quick if you want a space (Prankerd is managed from Schafer, we have no on site warden). It's about £100 for the year. I just missed out but got a residence parking permit from Camden council (you have to change all your docs inc driving license etc) to get one.
There's also a good pub over the road (larger from £1.80) and some excellent curry houses round the corner. It's also only 15 mins walk to either Leicester Sq. or Camden Town.
Wish I could stay here next year.

JPF
1st Year Psychology
Reply 4
Thanks m8 for the post. It's really helpful :biggrin: . I have one question though. If i put £170 as my max budget, would that increase my chances of getting into

Prankerd House
John Dodgson House
Frances Gardner House
James lightouse

they are the only places i can see myself happy in the 1st year as im fussy with accommodation, i hate to have arguements because someone did a no2 in the shower lol. Jameslighthouse also has parking & max rayne, if i attatch a note with my form will that help? And if i send my form early would that increase my chances aswell?

Once again, thanks for the reply :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending