The Student Room Group
Reply 1
"Bump".
Reply 2
well..key issue was France!! Clemenceau(saw his country invaded by Germany twice) hated the germans..and france suffered severely from the war in terms of infrastructure(on the contrary germany's infrastructure was mostly in quite a good condition) and men...the french talked about "la génération perdue", the lost generation..France wanted germany to be punished so hard that it would never recover again! Whereas George was willing to make some concessions to germany(he wanted germany to recover because britain relied on trade with the "Reich" ), the French were not at all...

wilsons 14 points, suggesting a fair peace and not a verdict dictated by "winners", were to great extent ignored by the french...in the end the "treaty" of versailles was the reaon why the US did not join the league of nations (ironically an american idea to preserve peace in the world)...
Reply 3
Heyy, thanks, a bit late as I handed it in today, but I didn't really think of any of that, I'll remember it next time though :smile:

Thank you.
Reply 4
Jean_Paul
Heyy, thanks, a bit late as I handed it in today, but I didn't really think of any of that, I'll remember it next time though :smile:

Thank you.

oh well..am sorry i wasnt of any help then..but u should post essay questions more than three days before the actual deadline..
Reply 5
Ducar111
oh well..am sorry i wasnt of any help then..but u should post essay questions more than three days before the actual deadline..

I wasn't being sarcy, I said thank you and that you did help.

Latest

Trending

Trending