The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

uggs on a night out? noooo!
sometimes i wear cowboy boots or ankle boots with a 1-2" heel which is ridiculously comfy and looks alright with tights and something short, or leggings and a long top/shirt/jumper.
Reply 21
yep i do cos my feet kill me if i wear heesl for too long
ballet (dolly) shoes look nice with lke skinny jeans or a nice skirt
Pumps. They really are my savour - you can wear them with, quite literally, anything.
Reply 23
Cessie
Flat pumps with pointy toes are prob the only flat shoes which can look good IMO!

Oh dear. :frown: I'm physically incapable of wearing either pumps or high heels without getting really really bad pains (I usually wear orthotics), so it looks like I'm done in for lol!!

I think that long boots with flat soles can look good if they're the right style - for example a couple of years ago Clarks did a black pair with a little bow around the ankle which looked quite good. I swear by my Timberland boots (not the classic style ones, long brown suede with lacing all the way up) and there are a lot of really nice trainers about now - for example Sketchers do 'trainers' that are more like slightly extended, pretty pumps.

Then again I don't go clubbing (17) so am not the best source of information. :smile:

*Wanders out of thread on flat shoes, humming to self*
I only wear flats on a night out if I am going straight from work. My work mate told me that she can't dance in flats.
Reply 25
My friends always have a go at me for not wearing heels. But I don't want to wear high heels as I don't want to fall over or anything.
I have some glittery flats that i wear alot or if we are going to bars within walking distance i wear flat shoes cos they are better for walking.
alenax
Is it possible to wear flat shoes to a trendy club and still look good? I know that heels look a lot nicer, but I like spending time dancing and not just hobbling around and ruining it for everyone else moaning about my feet. :smile:

So, what would you wear flat shoes with? The only combination I came up with so far is a denim skirt with Uggs.

I refuse to wear skinny jeans so that's out. Maybe really nice cut jeans and sparkly flat shoes, and concentrate more on the top?

Yes. (only if your of age and have ID!)
Most things...
Yes, nice idea!
:p:
Reply 28
To echo everyone else, a big NO to the uggs! To be honest i don't think a lot of clubs would let you in? I know the places in my town can be quite strict!

I generally wear heels on a night out, however if i'm out for the second night in a row and my feet can't take it then i have these, which look really nice with tights and a skirt or dress. River Island also have some gorgeous jewelled flats which could be jazzed up for a night out! :o:

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=20&viewAllFlag=false&catalogId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=73931&parent_category_rn=42358&productId=888644&langId=-1
I wear flats most nights I'm out as I'm not good walking in heels and they hurt my feet after a while.

Quick question I'm going to a wedding on Saturday, wearing a royal blue dress with silver shrug, I've got silver heels and silver flats, could I get away with wearing the flats?
Reply 30
I wear flats all the time! They're so much comfier for the night and I'm so tall it's not obvious that I'm not wearing heels anyway.

I've got a pair of black sequined pumps that pretty much go with anything, and some silver ones for anything else! Just get yourself some pretty pumps that are a match-all kind of colour and they will go with a lot don't worry!
Reply 31
I dont understand. You can wear flat shoes with anything...
Reply 32
Bexxxx
I dont understand. You can wear flat shoes with anything...

I disagree. I don't think they look good with everything.
I usually wear heels but I've got a pretty pair of black suede flats from Urban Outfitters that look nice with black tights and a dress. I wouldn't wear Uggs to a club though, I class them as comfy shoes you want to wear when it's freezing outside.

Latest