The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Does this mean I have an offer?

I've applied to UCL to read History, submitted my questionnaire etc.

I got a letter yesterday and the wording is a tad ambigious.

It says 'We are very pleased to inform you that we have recommended to the Faculty of Social and Historical Sciences that you recieve an offer from the UCL History Department.'

Is that a definite offer? My UCAS track hasn't updated if it is...

Cheers
Reply 1
I believe so, I had that for another subject and I got an offer (had to wait for about two weeks for it to come through on track)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Not technically, but in effect in means you're incredibly likely to get one. It means that the university wants to give you an offer, but if the Department has any qualms then they may not -- though it's unlikely for them to have any issues if the university hasn't had any. :smile:
Reply 3
They want to give you one. Not heard of anyone who received this letter and then didn't get an offer through on track.
Reply 4
I think (I might be wrong) the department has decided to give you an offer, and it's just subject to some clerical checks by the central admissions bit.
Reply 5
Yes you will get an offer. The department have accepted you and UCAS will update in a bit - I think mine took a while as it was over christmas. However yeah you have an offer :biggrin:
Reply 6
I think track only updates 2 weeks after you go to the open-day.
Reply 7
dumbdunc
I've applied to UCL to read History, submitted my questionnaire etc.

I got a letter yesterday and the wording is a tad ambigious.

It says 'We are very pleased to inform you that we have recommended to the Faculty of Social and Historical Sciences that you recieve an offer from the UCL History Department.'

Is that a definite offer? My UCAS track hasn't updated if it is...

Cheers

It's almost certainly an offer (I say almost certainly because these letters aren't binding but UCAS is). I got an offer on 19th Nov (:biggrin:) and my "I am [...] recommend[ing you] to the [higher powers]" letter was dated on the 17th; this was for Biology so timescale may be different for History. My letter only got here yesterday though, no thanks to being international and them putting my city (named after a major European city) on its own line so said letter probably went on a nice excursion in the EU before getting directed back here...

It's nice if they sign the letter with pen as opposed to printing it on though :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending