The Student Room Group

Ze Crypts of Lieberkuhn!!

:biggrin: Just learnt about "Crypts of Lieberkuhn" in AQA A2 Biology class today - I have to say, that this is by far the best name for a biological structure ever! It just sounds so dramatic and evil...

No mere mortal has survived the wrath of.....ZE CRYPTS OF LIEBERKUHN !!!!!! AHAHAHHAAHA :frown:

Yeah I'm sad..

Scroll to see replies

ZE CRYPTS OF LIEBERKUHN its my favourite too
Reply 2
Asian cutie
ZE CRYPTS OF LIEBERKUHN its my favourite too

LMAO, glad to know there is another fan out there! hehehehe.
Reply 3
I think so too:biggrin:
Reply 4
And don't forget their neighbours - the Crypts of Brunner - mwhahahahahahaaaaaaaa
Reply 5
Nodes of Ranvier

Islets of Langerhans

hmm....
:rolleyes:
Reply 7
There is a chemical involved in stimulation of embyological development called 'sonic hedgehog' I kid you not.
Reply 8
Daveo
There is a chemical involved in stimulation of embyological development called 'sonic hedgehog' I kid you not.

I remember having to lean all of those damn chemicals (hedgehog, sonic hedgehog, son of seven etc) and their timing and segmental locations during my first degree... Can't remember them to save my life, and our next system is human development!
Reply 9
Daveo

I look forward to tomorrow's lecture then ... we're starting embryological development :smile:
Reply 10
oxymoron
I look forward to tomorrow's lecture then ... we're starting embryological development :smile:

Meh, It wasn't in a lecture, I just came across it reading Langmans, Embyology. And I wouldn't look forward to it too much, its nasty!
Reply 11
Daveo
Meh, It wasn't in a lecture, I just came across it reading Langmans, Embyology. And I wouldn't look forward to it too much, its nasty!

Oh well - I'll be able to fall asleep as usual then :wink:
Sonic hedgehog rocks :biggrin:

We came across a Drosophila gene this morning called Mad - which stands for Mothers against decapentaplegia. Drosophila scientists are a bit strange...
McBurney's point is a good one :smile:
Woo, we're doing the Crypts of Lieberkuhn next week :biggrin:
SiAnY
Woo, we're doing the Crypts of Lieberkuhn next week :biggrin:

Not doing Environmental Biology then?
No, can't be arsed. I hate MM&P already though. I hate biology though, so there ya go.
Reply 17
MadNatSci
Sonic hedgehog rocks :biggrin:

We came across a Drosophila gene this morning called Mad - which stands for Mothers against decapentaplegia. Drosophila scientists are a bit strange...

There's a cell signalling protein called Frizzled somewhere, can't remember what it does.

I think that flocculonodular lobe is one of my favourite.
Reply 18
Helenia
There's a cell signalling protein called Frizzled somewhere, can't remember what it does.

I think that flocculonodular lobe is one of my favourite.

Garrgghh! Flash back to 1996! Frizzled is embryogensis too - mebrane receptors that bind Wnt and wnt like proteins.
Reply 19
Actually this whole thread reminds me of a gene on of the older D.Phil students was working on when I was doing my doctorate. Sum1 (Suppressor of Uncontrolled Mitosis).

Her presentations were always funny - 'Sum1 is a component of the fission yeast eIF3 translation initiation complex' 'Sum1 does this' 'Sum1 does that'. On my first day at the Unit, she was giving a 'Work in Progress' presentation, and it took me about 5 minutes to work out that Sum1 was the name of a bloody gene :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending