Visit website

Post To Lancaster Uni

Ok, I'm really confused!!!
I know my postal addres is
Caroline
Fylde College
Lancaster Uni
Etc etc

....and I've received post before from my mum and stuff, through the Royal Mail.

But recently, I've ordered things online from Miss Selfridge, Asos, and Comet. And basically my parcels are either really late or they're never coming!!!!

So I started to wonder whether the fact that they come through a private delivery service rather than the Royal Mail would make a difference? I mean, will the delivery guy know where the porters lodge is??? Argh!

Has anyone ordered things to uni that aren't delivered through Royal Mail?

I'm stressing coz one of the parcels is 2 dresses that I need for Christmas meals this week!!!! :frown:
Reply 1
I've ordered stuff before thats been delivered by royal mail, normally isn't a problem, just pick it up at the porters lodge.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Sometimes, if the delivery service can't find the porters lodge they just give up... I have heard of this happening twice. Probably best to phone up the companies and check up:smile:
Reply 3
phone who you ordered the package with and ask them if it's been dispatched. If it has, ask for a reference code and then phone the courier and chase it up..
hassle but only thing I can think of.
Reply 4
I've always had it come to the porters lodge. Admittedly, it's nearly always royal mail, but had a few with other courier ones. I'd have thought most services would have delivered to campus before, so they'd have one or two people who'd know where the different porters lodges were, or if nothing else, where the security lodge is, so that they could ask there
Reply 5
Thanks for your replies :smile: My ASOS & Miss Selfridge parcels arrived earlier this week! Going to check for my Comet parcel today. So relieved!!