The Student Room Group

Summer in the USA

I'm looking to spend the summer working in America and then obviously travelling round the place afterwards. I've found it much harder than I thought it would be to find the right place to go and what job to do. Basically I want somewhere where I can work for like 4 or 5 days a week and then party on the weekends (or ideally party all the time). I'm also going by myself so if I'm not sure how easy making friends is going to be this way.

So far I've got the Bunac brochure and I've also looked into camp america-style things but I'd quite like to live in a town so I have something to explore at the weekends. Are there any newquay-style student holiday destinations in the US that I could look into?
idk about that but i'm working over there in the summer (Y) except on a boat. just thought i'd put that in:smile:
matt5678
I'm looking to spend the summer working in America and then obviously travelling round the place afterwards. I've found it much harder than I thought it would be to find the right place to go and what job to do. Basically I want somewhere where I can work for like 4 or 5 days a week and then party on the weekends (or ideally party all the time). I'm also going by myself so if I'm not sure how easy making friends is going to be this way.

So far I've got the Bunac brochure and I've also looked into camp america-style things but I'd quite like to live in a town so I have something to explore at the weekends. Are there any newquay-style student holiday destinations in the US that I could look into?

It aint so easy, as you obviously need to get a Visa to earn money in the US.
And to get a Visa you need a Sponsor.
BUNAC are good, I suggest their Work America scheme, I hear good things about it - you'd be able to get work in a town or city.
Reply 3
Would you say bunac is the best one? as opposed to ccusa or whatever
BUNAC is definitely the best. They are lovely to deal with and keep costs as low as possible.

Latest