The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I used to wear thick long socks, and cycle shorts under my skirt, but this year in 6th form we have to wear dark tights or stockings which are about as warm as wearing nothing.

Kerry
Reply 21
Thick wooly tights :biggrin:
i choose to wear a skirt/dress in cold weather, and of course get bitched about and called a slut for it. boringgg.
buttt, i wear thick wooley tights, or two pairs of 100 denier(or a 100 pair with ribbed tights on top), stuff like that. sometimes tights with long socks if i'm wearing boots 'case i like a few inch of thick sock poking out the top :smile:
I hate tights loads they really piss me off :P But I still wear them
Reply 24
IlexAquifolium
- Big thick wool skirts
- Thick tights/leggings
- Boots

I wish. Our uniform skirt despite been knee length has no wool in it at all. Lovely polyester mix job. Why do they not have nice skirts that might be vaguely warm.

They then make use wear dark tights or stockings.

Kerry
Reply 25
Wooly tights and legwarmers. :biggrin: and socks under the tights!
Reply 26
Is this about uniform?
I can choose to wear trousers but I prefer wearing a skirt (some might call me crazy) I wear really thick tights or many pairs of average tights. Also I wear socks underneath my tights.
Reply 27
watermelon sugar
i choose to wear a skirt/dress in cold weather, and of course get bitched about and called a slut for it. boringgg.
buttt, i wear thick wooley tights, or two pairs of 100 denier(or a 100 pair with ribbed tights on top), stuff like that. sometimes tights with long socks if i'm wearing boots 'case i like a few inch of thick sock poking out the top :smile:

I do this, too! :biggrin:
But I'm braving it out with one pair of 40 denier at the minute D;
uggs:biggrin:
Reply 29
M&S merino wool tights.
Reply 30
Yep, I wear M&S merino wool tights too or 70-100 dernier normal tights. I'm always in mini to knee length skirts in winter + cute mary jane heels/pumps. I just put up with the cold tbh.
Reply 31
I love wearing skirts and dresses in winter, I think it can look so nice with some warm tights or something! xx
Reply 32
Tights and legwarmers :]
Or long socks over tights
Reply 33
I am really surprised how much warmer I have been wearing a camisole and under skirt underneath. M&S do a nice matching set in white satin. Been satin I did not think it would make much difference but it does make loads of difference. My friend laughed at me when I first wore them as she thought it was old fashioned, but she has a set now as well.

Kerry
Reply 34
2 pairs of tights.
New...Romantic
Haha come on, that's a bit extreme. Woolly tights do me, or a pair of thin tan tights under opaque black ones. Mmm cosy.

First other Strathclyde Student i have seen on here!

It was freezing today. My fur coat is making an appearance tomorrow!
i never wear trousers... skirts and shorts with many pairs of tights!
Reply 37
I wear skirts/dresses out of choice, wear two pairs of tights, and I'm fine.
no-sunlight
First other Strathclyde Student i have seen on here!

It was freezing today. My fur coat is making an appearance tomorrow!

I think there are a few of us floating about, not many though.

It was a bit chilly. I was glad I'd gone for just jeans and boots today but I bought new woolly tights so I'm tempted to wear them tomorrow with a skirt. I'll probably regret that one but ah well.
Reply 39
tights and leggings

Latest