Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Birmingham City Society

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by longman240)
    Haha, now there's an interesting one, my Dad's a Villa fan, along with all my cousins on my Mum's side, lets just say it gets a bit heated at family gatherings! A couple of other Asian guys I work with are Villa fans too, but they're pretty sound.
    Why did you choose blues then?

Leaving for the game soon. Feel terrible so a blues win would go down nicely.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Murphy comes back and we win, coincidence?

Great game of football that was. End to end, chances for both teams. Building from the back and not being afraid to pass it around on the floor. New players looked good.

We've now won someone in the top 6 so nice to get that monkey off our backs too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, having an actual left back at left back made a massive difference.

We were awesome in the second half. Fahey and Zig-dawg were immense.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by original_username)
    Why did you choose blues then?

Leaving for the game soon. Feel terrible so a blues win would go down nicely.
    Well I went to Wyndcliffe Primary School which is literally around the corner from St Andrews so we used to get tickets all the time and the teachers used to take us down and it just grew from there really. So glad about the win yesterday, Murph was definitely the difference, he just relieves pressure all over the field, gets forward when he can and he's such a good defender, having that balance again was definitely the difference.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well I went to Wyndcliffe Primary School which is literally around the corner from St Andrews so we used to get tickets all the time and the teachers used to take us down and it just grew from there really.
    Did the rest of your classmates become Bluenoses as well?

Villa have only recently got in on this launching a scheme called Tickets for Schools but it sounds like Blues have been doing it for a good number of years.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    We're doing well at the mo. Nikola plays so much better when he's properly fit and is supported by the fans
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooby)
    We're doing well at the mo. Nikola plays so much better when he's properly fit and is supported by the fans
    Gone to pot!!!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Crumble...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    Crumble...
    Still in 6th.
    At the start of the season we were told we had no chance of promotion or playoffs and that we'd be lucky to not go in to administration. Now we're in with a shot with 9 games to go.

How's Villas season going? Borin' el
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still in 6th.
    At the start of the season we were told we had no chance of promotion or playoffs and that we'd be lucky to not go in to administration. Now we're in with a shot with 9 games to go.

How's Villas season going? Borin' el
    Indeed you have had a great season, all things considered.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    We should make the top 6 but with the suspensions and injuries we keep getting at the back it'll make it bloomin' nervy Just can't see Hull having enough to finish above us and I think we have more about us than Brighton, Cardiff, Boro and Blackpool. We'll see though.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schteve)
    We should make the top 6 but with the suspensions and injuries we keep getting at the back it'll make it bloomin' nervy Just can't see Hull having enough to finish above us and I think we have more about us than Brighton, Cardiff, Boro and Blackpool. We'll see though.
    Whittingham is going to tear us apart on Sunday mate
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nah he won't. N'Daw the machine will tear him apart

2-1 win IMO.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TRS-T)
    Did the rest of your classmates become Bluenoses as well?

Villa have only recently got in on this launching a scheme called Tickets for Schools but it sounds like Blues have been doing it for a good number of years.
    Unfortunately not! Just me and one other guy who still comes to games with me, we often remember going in the freezing weather in the days of Damien Johnson, Maik Taylor, Jaidi, Forssell, Stephen Kelly, Tiny Taylor and so many more. Those of us who became blue then stayed blue

As for the Pompey game, the bent ref did us over, that goal was a handball and Murph did not deserve a second yellow for that at all, it wouldn't even warrant a first yellow. You know if CH says it then we were hard-done by because he's not usually one to complain.

I think for Sunday we should promote either Mitch Hancox or Cian Hughton because it's clear we need a natural full-back just to help balance the team, I personally would play:

Myhill; Ramage, Davies, Caldwell, Hancox; Burke, N'Daw, Fahey, Townsend; King, Ziggy.

And a bench of: Doyle, Ibanez, Elliott, Gomis, Huseklepp.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately not! Just me and one other guy who still comes to games with me, we often remember going in the freezing weather in the days of Damien Johnson, Maik Taylor, Jaidi, Forssell, Stephen Kelly, Tiny Taylor and so many more. Those of us who became blue then stayed blue
    Those days werent that long ago
    Stephen Kelly was ****, and he replaced the one and only TEBILY

Stern John, Clinton Morrison, Horsfield, Dugarry, Savage, Cisse, Clemence, Upson, Clapham, Damien Johnson, Devlin, Lazaridis, Nico Vaesan. Our first season in the prem was amazing
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

Stern John, Clinton Morrison, Horsfield, Dugarry, Savage, Cisse, Clemence, Upson, Clapham, Damien Johnson, Devlin, Lazaridis, Nico Vaesan. Our first season in the prem was amazing
    Those are just some, I used to love Stan Lazaridis, got his name on the back of my first or second ever blues shirt. Savage was a tremendous player as well, so much fire in him and big Stern John was a legend. I remember all of those names and remember watching them, I just couldn't think of them when writing my post, can't believe I didn't write Stan Lazaridis, I'm gonna see if I can find that shirt, although I think we may have lost it at my old house
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Those are just some, I used to love Stan Lazaridis, got his name on the back of my first or second ever blues shirt. Savage was a tremendous player as well, so much fire in him and big Stern John was a legend. I remember all of those names and remember watching them, I just couldn't think of them when writing my post, can't believe I didn't write Stan Lazaridis, I'm gonna see if I can find that shirt, although I think we may have lost it at my old house
    That was my first season as a season ticket holder so remember it well. Started going down a few years before that but never a lot of games.

Couldn't beat Stan the man getting the ball and just legging it to the byline. Didn't even have any skill, just knocked it forward and RAN
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Basically just reeled off my favourite Blues players

WE ALL DREAM OF A TEAM OF TEBILYS, A TEAM OF TEBILYS, A TEAM OF TEBILYS!

Fs, gotta go watch my 02/03 season review now.

Dugarry vs Southampton <3
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schteve)
    Basically just reeled off my favourite Blues players

WE ALL DREAM OF A TEAM OF TEBILYS, A TEAM OF TEBILYS, A TEAM OF TEBILYS!

Fs, gotta go watch my 02/03 season review now.

Dugarry vs Southampton <3

YES! That game was one of my fave games ever. 0-1, 1-1, 1-2 and then Dugarry thinks enough is enough

I have that DVD. End of that season was just a great time to be a blues fan

Du Du Dugarry
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i wanted to take a **** on the ref the other night, no way did Portsmouth deserve to win, hope they go bust

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 26, 2014
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.