Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Birmingham City Society

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)
    340 fans.
    Oh so you're a bitter West Ham fan? OK But yeah, do excuse us bluenoses for not wanting to travel down to West Ham after what happened there a few weeks ago. That's also ignoring the fact it was on the telly.

I hope you enjoy watching all 340 of our fans having a cracking day out at Wembley in the Cup Final from the comfort of your own sofa bud
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you quite understand how bad 340 fans for a weekend game is. Regardless if it's on TV, regardless if there was trouble in the last game, you should still take down 1,000 or so. You give it large during the big games but your support is hilarious.

(Original post by Schteve)
    I hope you enjoy watching all 340 of our fans having a cracking day out at Wembley in the Cup Final from the comfort of your own sofa bud
    Calm down, i doubt that many of you benefit mongs will be able to afford a pizza in Wembley, let alone a ticket.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)
    I don't think you quite understand how bad 340 fans for a weekend game is. Regardless if it's on TV, regardless if there was trouble in the last game, you should still take down 1,000 or so. You give it large during the big games but your support is hilarious.

Calm down, i doubt that many of you benefit mongs will be able to afford a pizza in Wembley, let alone a ticket.
    Wow. You're actually telling me that regardless of whether you've had a rough experience the last time you went to a ground, you should still go next time? Pure genius. But yeah, as you say, I guess we do give it large for the big games (who the hell doesn't?), but during the games against smaller opposition we could do better.

And extra brownie points for using a generalization and insult to try and deflect away from the fact you've made yourself look like a massive tit. Kudos.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I f***ing love aston villa
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to Bump an old thread but surely there are more Birmingham City fans here? Anyhow, McLeish is gone, and he's done the unthinkable, but players and managers go, fans stay!

So When i first saw the managers available, I immediately said lets try and get Martin O'Neil. Soon after, i laughed thinking how unrealistic that is and then looked at the proper options.

Personally, I would have went for Curb or Di Matteo, purely for the fact we are in no way similar to Newcastle United. We don't have the ritches they have and we are not going to be able to keep our key players. Newcastle practically kept every player they went down with whilst we're most likely going to lose our prized assets. This is why i would have thought Curb and Di Matteo would have been perfect for the job as they've done it with resources which have been similar to ours, proving they can do it. Hughton however, was lucky and given a league winning side, keeping players who were premier league standard.

Now seeing its a one year rolling contract, I'm sure Curbishley would have laughed at us if we had offered him that. So in that sense, we've saved ourselfs some emmbarressment.

In terms of our key players, it looks as if McFadden won't be signing a new contract. One of our very few players who actually take on defenders, and seeing how Hughton likes his wide players, i would have thought he would do well under Hughton.

Ben Foster may be joining McLeish at Vile, and to be fair, this i'm not too worried about. My biggest fear is losing Dave Watson, out goalkeeping coach. He is by far one of the best keeper coaches in the country, Joe Hart and Foster have both praised his coaching. Losing Foster isn't much of an issue, but losing Watson will be.

Craig Gardner, 'Mr i'm a blue through and through' all of a sudden is unsure about his future at the club. Kissing the badge, saying how much he loves this club, devoting himself last season saying he'd never leave is now considering other options. Really dissapointed with this, as hes a key player for us, sometimes frustrating but will be hard to replace.

Scott Dann also seems to be on his way out & i don't blame him. Personally i think he's England quality, especially if players like Matthew Upson get called up last season, i think he needs to move to a higher profile club, or a team in London so finally he can get his chance. I'd like to see him go to Arsenal from anyone, but him being a Liverpool fan as a child, i can see him moving to Anfeild. I'd say the region of £12-£14 million for him, but if McLeish tries to nab him, then nothing less than £16.

Same is for Johnson, seems to be getting interest from WBA and Wolves. Personally, i think he's slightly over-rated. He is a quality defender don't get me wrong, but he has only one aspect to his game. He hasn't got that extra bit to his game which Scott Dann does, which makes Scott Dann such a great defender. Getting £7 million for Johnson I believe will be great.

Jerome also is getting interest from Stoke and Bolton. Personally i've liked him, he scored 12 i think in the season we finished 9th. Under Hughton he may get more of a chance as we won't play 4-5-1 as often and actually give him a partner to work off, which when he had Chucho, had proven he works alot better. If he does go, I've heard valuations of £4-6 Million.

Ridgewell is also linked with WBA, for around £2 million. Really dissapointed if he goes, CB gone LB and done such a great job, always popped in with a goal or two, too. Would like to keep him as, with out centre backs bound to leave, we need to either sign some more quality or have ridgewell pair up with Davies and use Murphy at left back.

Finally my favourite player, Barry Ferguson. Most likely he will be off to Villa to follow McLeish, which is dissapointing as before Mcleish's resigntion, he had commited himself to the club. With his strong bond with McLeish, i can only see him going to Villa. I can't see him playing for us next season. Its a shame really, was the heart of that midfield.

Next season, i think we should go straight back up. We still have quality in our side, with Mutch and Redmond who are the two youth players who should get more game time. Along with this, i'd expect Ozturk and Asante, to also get some game time as they've been doing well in the reserves.

In terms of signings, i don't know who i'd like to see. maybe Nathan Clyne to help out that defence. I would have liked to sign Chopra but he's now signed for Ipswich. Instead we signed King, who yes can get goals, but why sign him a 5 year deal? A practical joke McLeish made before leaving the club?

Chris Burke i think is a good, especially on a free. Has some quality about him and I've not seen alot from him but from what i've seen, he seems that he will do well.

Morgaro Gomis I actually know very little of, maybe someone can fill me in on him?

I'm looking forward to the season, as all this has made it quite exciting. Also looking forward to the first European night!

Hopefully Hughton does the job and brings in some quality.

Apparently we're in for these 2

I welcome both to be fair, apparently Defoe may be on his way to Newcastle so I can see Best joining us, especially with Hughton as our manager. Routledge i'm not sure if he wants to sign permanent with QPR but at newcastle he played some good stuff under Hughton if i remember correctly. 2 Perfectly fitting signings i think. Hopefully we can snap them up
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Great post bud, agree with the vast majority of it Morgaro Gomis is supposed to be a decent, Ferguson-esque midfielder that doesn't score too many goals. I don't know where you heard about the 5 year deal for Marlon King, but I'm 99% sure it's a 3 year deal...

Am looking forward to being in Europe, winning more games this year and a few trips to Blackpool, Brighton and Cardiff as well
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Great post bud, agree with the vast majority of it Morgaro Gomis is supposed to be a decent, Ferguson-esque midfielder that doesn't score too many goals. I don't know where you heard about the 5 year deal for Marlon King, but I'm 99% sure it's a 3 year deal...

Am looking forward to being in Europe, winning more games this year and a few trips to Blackpool, Brighton and Cardiff as well
    I'm sure it was 5 year deal? or was it that he was going to be contracted until hes 35? might be that haha. i saw it on twitter

Ahh well, we need another Ferguson seeing as he may be leaving, really will miss him, one of my favourite players to ever play for us.

Did you go to wembley mate? i was watching this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyhdpVyXs7E brought a tear to my eye. Seems so long ago...the day was unreal!

Good to know theres another bluenose on the site! seeing as the villa thread has so many posts, we're going to have to keep this one alive!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluenose)
    I'm sure it was 5 year deal? or was it that he was going to be contracted until hes 35? might be that haha. i saw it on twitter

Ahh well, we need another Ferguson seeing as he may be leaving, really will miss him, one of my favourite players to ever play for us.

Did you go to wembley mate? i was watching this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyhdpVyXs7E brought a tear to my eye. Seems so long ago...the day was unreal!

Good to know theres another bluenose on the site! seeing as the villa thread has so many posts, we're going to have to keep this one alive!
    The King deal is definately for three years Don't believe everything you read on Twitter

We do need another Ferguson seeing as he's almost definately going. In fact it's likely that we'll have a completely different squad by the start of the season and I, for one, am glad. I hope the board back Hughton and give him the majority of the money we'll recoup from the transfers that'll happen.

And yeah, I did go to Wembley Just an awesome day. When we scored I literally stood still for 10 seconds, not believing it was happening and waiting for the ref to give something 'Twas surreal.

Maybe we should ditch this fail of a thread and start a new one? After all, we are the CC Champs and I think it needs to be recognised :cool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The King deal is definately for three years Don't believe everything you read on Twitter

We do need another Ferguson seeing as he's almost definately going. In fact it's likely that we'll have a completely different squad by the start of the season and I, for one, am glad. I hope the board back Hughton and give him the majority of the money we'll recoup from the transfers that'll happen.

And yeah, I did go to Wembley Just an awesome day. When we scored I literally stood still for 10 seconds, not believing it was happening and waiting for the ref to give something 'Twas surreal.

Maybe we should ditch this fail of a thread and start a new one? After all, we are the CC Champs and I think it needs to be recognised :cool:
    haha it was the official twitter feed for Bham i think! And yeah a new squad may seem a good idea, that was the McLeish era, bring on the Hughton era now.

Yes wembley was surreal, i had queue for so many hours but it was all worth it!

We should ditch this thread, i'll start a new one
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, this is part 2, save the jokes.

Birmingham City F.C

Carling Cup Champions 2010/2011.

Current Squad
    GK Jack Butland
    GK Colin Doyle
    GK Ben Foster
    DF Stephen Carr (captain)
    DF Scott Dann
    DF Curtis Davies
    DF Roger Johnson
    DF Fraser Kerr
    DF David Murphy
    DF Alpaslan Öztürk
    DF Liam Ridgewell
    MF Jean Beausejour
    MF Chris Burke
    MF Barry Ferguson
    MF Craig Gardner
    MF Morgaro Gomis
    MF Míchel
    MF Jordon Mutch
    MF Nathan Redmond
    MF Enric Vallès
    FW Akwasi Asante
    FW Cameron Jerome
    FW Marlon King
    FW James McFadden
    FW Nikola Žigi?

PRIDE OF THE MIDLANDS
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Short and sweet

Christ, we've got a lot of rebuilding to do this summer by the look of our squad. Interested to see who stays and goes now. Hopefully Redmond, Mutch and Asante (and at a push Butland) are given a chance this year.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, give the youth a go. Like you said in the old thread, time for a fresh start, and hopefully the death of the dreaded 4-5-1.

Anyhow it seems as though Craig Gardner is on his way to Sunderland for £5million pounds (personally i wouldn't accept anything below the £8million mark) according to Skysports. Yes its skysports and to be fair, they are *******s most of the time, but it just again brings up my dissapointment in Craig Gardner.

Him leaving isn't my issue, its the lies he had told us, saying "this is the club for me, i'll never leave" and seeing images such as this one;
    only angers me more that, his lies have opened up our love for him, making him a fan favourite for him to just destroy it all in even considering leaving the club.

This got me searching, has he always been a Birmingham fan? Looking around Birmingham city forums, i came across this.

Gardner ready to sign Villa deal
    Aston Villa midfielder Craig Gardner
    Gardner has played 18 first-team games for Villa
    Aston Villa midfielder Craig Gardner says he is willing to commit his long-term future to Aston Villa.

The 20-year-old signed a three-year contract in the summer of 2006 but Villa boss Martin O'Neill is reportedly ready to offer him a new improved deal.

Gardner said: "I've read things about maybe being offered a new contract.

"It is nice that the manager thinks that much of me and hopefully I can prove it out on the pitch for him. I want to stay here as long as I can."

Gardner made his Villa debut against Everton in December 2005 and has scored one goal in 18 senior games for the club.

It would be great to stay in the side and we now want to kick on and cement a place in the top 10

Craig Gardner

"I initially signed for Villa when I was only 15 and these last five years since then have been the best days of my life," added Gardner.

"I am a Villa fan through and through, I came through the ranks here and nothing can get better than playing for the club you have always supported.

"I am here under the current contract until 2009 but, if the manager wants to offer me a new one, I won't say no."

Gardner has earned a regular place in O'Neill's side in recent weeks and is keen to continue in the first team.

"It's good to have a run of first-team games. It's like a dream really. Hopefully this time it won't end and I'll keep on playing and playing," stated Gardner.

"It would be great to stay in the side and we now want to kick on and cement a place in the top 10 and get as many points as we can from the last few games."
    Link

Now this raises even more questions and to be fair, how stupid we have been in even believing his love for the club. Who does he actually support? Seems as though we'll never find out.

The days i went to St Andrews and had chant "Craigy Gardner is a blue, is a blue" only make me look back in embarrassment, thinking he had an affection for the club.

If he goes to Sunderland, i wonder if he'll say he supported them as child and that he would never leave them as its his dream club.

I'll happily see him out the club now. Yes he scored many vital goals for us, but there is one thing i cannot allow, and thats lying.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    He could be the new Robbie Keane tbf. About 30 boyhood clubs :adore:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha, well done Mods Can't you just get rid of this thread? Pfft.

And Bluenose, don't worry yourself about Gardner He gave us some great memories but also some pretty **** ones. Players like him will come and go.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha, well done Mods Can't you just get rid of this thread? Pfft.

And Bluenose, don't worry yourself about Gardner He gave us some great memories but also some pretty **** ones. Players like him will come and go.
    I just can't take the fact that, we made him a fan favourite, and he lied his way into the fans support. I can't take that from him.

Hopefully we can get a good cash settlement out of him as £5 million isn't enough!
    • 12 followers

Craig Gardener is neither Villa or Blues, he's secretly a Baggie
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Craig Gardener is neither Villa or Blues, he's secretly a Baggie
    Woop woop!

They all succumb to our magnificence!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gamma)
    Woop woop!

They all succumb to our magnificence!
    Knowing him, he'd probably say it to just becoming liked by the team he will play for.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    alex mclol. once a hun always a hun
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is remotely interested, I have a blog for Birmingham city which I just started due to my boredom of the holidays. Probably do a post every couple of days.

www.keeprightonblogging.wordpress.com

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 17, 2014
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.