Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Birmingham City Society

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooby)
    Mind you I suppose it's better not to have that hanging over us, nice as it was, i think forest are our bogey team!!
    Fair point, still gutting to lose it, oh well next challenge is Derby, who would you field? I hope N'Daw is back soon man, we're missing his presence in mid, personally (depending on fitness) I'd play:

Myhill; Spector, Davies, Caldwell, Murphy; Burke, N'Daw/Gomis, Fahey, Townsend; Rooney, Huseklepp.

Subs: Doyle, Pablo, Redmond, Mutch, Zigic (hate the 5 sub rule!)

I think King and Zigic need a little bit more rest for full recovery, especially King, because he looks dead on his feet after about 50-60 minutes, so I'd put Zig on the bench and leave King out.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by longman240)
    Fair point, still gutting to lose it, oh well next challenge is Derby, who would you field? I hope N'Daw is back soon man, we're missing his presence in mid, personally (depending on fitness) I'd play:

Myhill; Spector, Davies, Caldwell, Murphy; Burke, N'Daw/Gomis, Fahey, Townsend; Rooney, Huseklepp.

Subs: Doyle, Pablo, Redmond, Mutch, Zigic (hate the 5 sub rule!)

I think King and Zigic need a little bit more rest for full recovery, especially King, because he looks dead on his feet after about 50-60 minutes, so I'd put Zig on the bench and leave King out.
    I'd play Doyle; Spector, Davies, Murphy, N'daw, Husseklepp, Fahey, Rooney, Gomis and Burke/Redmond

Subs: Myhill, Mutch, Zigic and I can't decide who else because I think we need to intergrate Zigic in slowly (because following injury he usually takes weeks to get back in, King and Carr need rest)

I think we've got a good mix but I think, although I fully support his decisions, that Chris Hughton mixed it up too much and lost a bit of the communication which we've developed. Are you going the chelsea game?? KRO

Also are you in Year 13?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooby)
    I'd play Doyle; Spector, Davies, Murphy, N'daw, Husseklepp, Fahey, Rooney, Gomis and Burke/Redmond

Subs: Myhill, Mutch, Zigic and I can't decide who else because I think we need to intergrate Zigic in slowly (because following injury he usually takes weeks to get back in, King and Carr need rest)

I think we've got a good mix but I think, although I fully support his decisions, that Chris Hughton mixed it up too much and lost a bit of the communication which we've developed. Are you going the chelsea game?? KRO

Also are you in Year 13?
    I agree with that, I do back Chris Hughton normally but he made a bad decision putting Townsend straight in, because everybody needs to learn a winger's game before he can be put into a team, I think he should have started Huseklepp and benched Townsend rather than the other way. I rate Redmond, but I wouldn't put him in over Burke.

I did go to get tickets for Chelsea but the woman at the Ticket Office was really rude to me and wouldn't let me get 3 tickets together, so I probably won't go to that, I'm going to the Middlesbrough game though. Do you go down regularly?

And nah, I'm at De Montfort Uni doing English now, how about you?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I agree with that, I do back Chris Hughton normally but he made a bad decision putting Townsend straight in, because everybody needs to learn a winger's game before he can be put into a team, I think he should have started Huseklepp and benched Townsend rather than the other way. I rate Redmond, but I wouldn't put him in over Burke.

I did go to get tickets for Chelsea but the woman at the Ticket Office was really rude to me and wouldn't let me get 3 tickets together, so I probably won't go to that, I'm going to the Middlesbrough game though. Do you go down regularly?

And nah, I'm at De Montfort Uni doing English now, how about you?
    I'm choosing my uni at the moment to do a course which involves education, sociology, psychology, politics and english so a good mix! I try and go down as often as I can I'm going to to Chelsea game but I could only get tickets together because I had two client reference numbers I think if you buy one of the £10 membership it doesn't matter about booking history (which is what the probs have been about)

isn't it funny that McJudas is getting villa relegated agent 451
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooby)
    I'm choosing my uni at the moment to do a course which involves education, sociology, psychology, politics and english so a good mix! I try and go down as often as I can I'm going to to Chelsea game but I could only get tickets together because I had two client reference numbers I think if you buy one of the £10 membership it doesn't matter about booking history (which is what the probs have been about)

isn't it funny that McJudas is getting villa relegated agent 451
    Ah, good luck! I can see you have plenty of choice, doing well at your A-Levels, unlike some of us!

Yeah, the thing that really peeved me off with the Chelsea tickets is that the guy came up to the counter next to me and got three tickets no questions asked and she refused to sell to me.

It's a shame that they're so far away from the relegation battle but you never know with Bent out and Keane gone, Agent 4-5-1 could be successful in his mission!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Most people in my sixform got E's and U's so I was suprised but I revise a lot because I'm a panicker!! They need to review their ticketing system it's a joke!! The shop also need to relsease some club posters I want one on my wall at uni!! I think they'll go down or wolves will go down as long as we have at least one midlands derby left!! Where do you sit when you go to the blues??
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooby)
    Most people in my sixform got E's and U's so I was suprised but I revise a lot because I'm a panicker!! They need to review their ticketing system it's a joke!! The shop also need to relsease some club posters I want one on my wall at uni!! I think they'll go down or wolves will go down as long as we have at least one midlands derby left!! Where do you sit when you go to the blues??
    Oh, wow, that's pretty bloody good then, what sixth form are you at if you don't mind me asking? They definitely need to, especially online, it's so hard to just go on and get a few tickets for yourself and a couple of friends.

That's so true, the Club Shop in general needs sorting out, it looks so cheap and tacky and has too much old stuff, if they could renovate it, it'd bring in so much more business than it does!

I wouldn't really mind if both of them go down, but I'd rather Villa did, just to shut their fans up! I sit pretty much anywhere, haven't sat in the Tilton for a long time though, that's where my seats are for Middlesbrough!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, wow, that's pretty bloody good then, what sixth form are you at if you don't mind me asking? They definitely need to, especially online, it's so hard to just go on and get a few tickets for yourself and a couple of friends.

That's so true, the Club Shop in general needs sorting out, it looks so cheap and tacky and has too much old stuff, if they could renovate it, it'd bring in so much more business than it does!

I wouldn't really mind if both of them go down, but I'd rather Villa did, just to shut their fans up! I sit pretty much anywhere, haven't sat in the Tilton for a long time though, that's where my seats are for Middlesbrough!
    The tilton is the best I always try to sit there I'm at King Edward VI High School/Sixthform part of stafford collegiate They also need to do extra small in the mens clothes because I'd much rather wear those designs than the womens - they're rubbish!! Where abouts in tilton are you?? Nathan is playing for under 19's again Czech republic if you want to watch it its on fa.com
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooby)
    The tilton is the best I always try to sit there I'm at King Edward VI High School/Sixthform part of stafford collegiate They also need to do extra small in the mens clothes because I'd much rather wear those designs than the womens - they're rubbish!! Where abouts in tilton are you?? Nathan is playing for under 19's again Czech republic if you want to watch it its on fa.com
    Yeah, nothing beats the atmosphere in the Tilton! Haha, Extra Small? Have you seen most Blues fans, extra large is in more demand! I'm in Block 12, Row 12, 184. Cheers for the heads up but I'm already watching it ! Switched to the tab as soon as Redders came on, did you see that goal? Absolutely brilliant!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was brill Thats when I started watching it!! Lol they do don't they!! At the forest game there was a guy sitting next to me (quite big) who left at half time (I hate people who do that!!) so I moved up a bit to get a good view of a corner and the chair was broken!! I like the tilton I usually sit in block 6 rows 11 ish

Is De Montfort nice? I can't choose which uni to go to but I like DMU and B'ham
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooby)
    It was brill Thats when I started watching it!! Lol they do don't they!! At the forest game there was a guy sitting next to me (quite big) who left at half time (I hate people who do that!!) so I moved up a bit to get a good view of a corner and the chair was broken!! I like the tilton I usually sit in block 6 rows 11 ish

Is De Montfort nice? I can't choose which uni to go to but I like DMU and B'ham
    Ouch, now that's what you call big! Having said that I'm not the slimmest myself

DMU's pretty nice, what subject have you applied for? It's a pretty good uni, I have to admit. I settled for it in clearing (my firm and insurance were both Birmingham!) and thought I'd never enjoy it there but it is pretty great. Accom's not too steep, it's very open, you get plenty of help and support from tutors and the teaching is great, also I've heard the nights out are pretty good as well (I commute so I wouldn't know!). I'd definitely recommend it.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Education Studies I think I may firm B'ham and have DMU/Gloucester as my insurance but I'm not too sure lol
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooby)
    I applied for Education Studies I think I may firm B'ham and have DMU/Gloucester as my insurance but I'm not too sure lol
    Oh right, I'm not gonna say put DMU as your insurance, but put DMU as your insurance.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll think about it! What do you think we should do about Zigic? Much as I like him, I don't think he wants to be here as he doesn't get enough support from the fans. I hope we get Foster back from WBA but I'd like us to use Doyle more because he's very good but he seems to get overshadowed a lot, what do you think?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooby)
    I'll think about it! What do you think we should do about Zigic? Much as I like him, I don't think he wants to be here as he doesn't get enough support from the fans. I hope we get Foster back from WBA but I'd like us to use Doyle more because he's very good but he seems to get overshadowed a lot, what do you think?
    Oh God, the old Zigic dilemma, he's such a problematic character to figure out. I was hoping he'd find some form after the 4 goals against Leeds but then he got injured for 4 weeks I think the fact that he gets very little backing doesn't help much but he doesn't seem to have much heart, doesn't play with any aggression at all and his headers are hardly ever on target. However, when he does find form he's completely unplayable, a definite catch-22 but on his current form he doesn't justify his wages.

As for Foster, I used to love the guy but after his comments on the Ridgewell transfer, he's made it clear that he considers himself a permanent player at WBA and for that reason I think we should just get rid of him and give Colin Doyle the chance he no doubt deserves.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Completely agree with everything you said, I didn't see what Foster said but he sounds just like Craigi Gardner! I'm a bit worried about Carr having seen him leave after about 10 mins in the chelsea game when do you think he'll be fit again? I hope he's back by the replay!!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

Townsend can start every week for me after seeing this.

Looking forward to the Chelsea match now, it's a shame we didn't have Marlon and Big Zig fit for the first leg, Rooney is rubbish.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    There's the link, I couldn't believe my eyes when I first read it but it seems all that sadness and all that passion was a front just like "Bluenose" Craig Gardner.

I think Carr has come to the end of his playing career and just can't handle the physicality of professional football any more, but he has done a fantastic service to the club and is one of the best captains we have ever had, I'm so glad it was him that lifted the Carling Cup.

I agree that Rooney has little technical ability, but he works his socks off and for that I really can't slate him, I reckon him and Huseklepp will do well together though, because Huseklepp can get past players and get into the box and Rooney will poach goals when needed.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    lets look on the bright side we'll go up and the scum villa will be going down, 50 million loss as well haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    LIFE IN THE BLUES THREAD :grouphugs::banana:

Forest game was the flattest I've felt since the Fulham game last year - how we didn't score at the end I'll never know.

If everyone were fit and playing well then the team should, IMO, be:

Myhill; Carr, Davies, Caldwell, Smurph; N'Daw; Mutch, Fahey; Burke, Townsend; Zig-Dawg with Spector, Ramage, King, Huseklepp and Redmond on the bench. We'd be favourites to win the play-offs with that squad I think. Would be very tempted to start Redmond though as he always looks brilliant whenever he comes on.

Just got the Coventry tickets through the post and will be getting the Doncaster ones next Thursday.

KRO :cool:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 26, 2014
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.