The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Current Edinburgh Students Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
nearlyheadlessian
I think the important news is that it really is snowing. Do you think it's a good enough excuse not to go to class?

i managed to fall over in the slush crossing the road right outside pollock on my way back tonight! but i do love the snow, it's so pretty

and also, i passed!!! i thought i would pass but i had set myself a target mark and i exceeded it so im chuffed :biggrin:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
bruisepristine
Yeah, we have her at the moment. Only had a couple of lectures with her, but I'm enjoying them so far :smile:

I've heard that anthropology has changed a great deal, we also have totally different lecturers. I just checked webCT, there's fairly detailed feedback from the exam but we've not had any marks yet!

They were idiots changing the course, the lecturers we had in first year were really cool and made you think woooow anthropology is amazing!!! It really does not surprise me about the exam front.

On another note, I still have never seen snow in Edinburgh!!! It's ridiculous I've only got 4th year left and I'll proably be out of the country then too. How much snow is there? None of my friends have put photos on facebook yet. Is there as much as last year? when apparently there was a lot, before semester 2 started after new year.

FTC199 - yay!! well done for your exam, bet you're well chuffed.
Reply 62
I passed sociology 1a :biggrin: so happy because I thought I had failed!

Yay!
oxymoronic
Is there as much as last year?

A good 3 or 4 inches deep where it stayed, possibly 6 in the more untouched areas. And then it was gone with the rain that fell all night. So the rest of the country is covered in snow and we are back to the perpetual drizzle.
Reply 64
Jillee
I passed sociology 1a :biggrin: so happy because I thought I had failed!

Yay!

So did I. :s:
I managed to get a photograph of the Meadows yesterday afternoon before the blizzard/darkness set in.

Reply 66
Absurd
So did I. :s:

I'm truly amazed. I only wrote one essay!
Reply 67
Jillee
I'm truly amazed. I only wrote one essay!

I wrote two truly appalling essays. I'd even resigned myself to re-sitting in August!
Reply 68
nearlyheadlessian
I managed to get a photograph of the Meadows yesterday afternoon before the blizzard/darkness set in.

Awwh woo, I forgot to take photos yesterday.

The path to KB was like ice by 5pm, ha.
I wanna come back to Edinburgh!!! Cheers for the photos... bet hardly anyone was in lectures on monday!

However I am going to Lapland today for the weekend so pfft, I get more snow there!
here's a photo I took of Arthur's seat

and I got 57 in Social Anthropology :smile:
Snowing again. Annoying fine snow that's close to rain... :smile:
Reply 72
oxymoronic

FTC199 - yay!! well done for your exam, bet you're well chuffed.

thanks, i really am. got the results on the internet on my mums phone when i met her and if i hadnt been in a public place i might have been screeming
George Galloway has pulled out of the rectorial elections...

Who is everybody going to be voting for?
Reply 74
nearlyheadlessian
George Galloway has pulled out of the rectorial elections...

Who is everybody going to be voting for?

really?! i wasn't going to vote for him anyway and was planning on voting for the person who seemed more likely to beat him out of the other two but now that situation has changed i need to make a decision!
Woo! I finally got the rest of my exam results back. I just about passed physiology, and I'm over the moon because I was totally prepared for resitting it. :smile:
Wheee... I got my Arch grade back, finally, 69. That's almost 70! Yay. And the official module options for next year should be made public in the next couple of weeks (*has all fingers and toes crossed for there to be a nice scientific course available amongst all the waffly prehistory*)

And the city with the backdrop of the hills of East Lothian in their still snowy glory looked serene from the other side of the Forth this afternoon. :smile:
Well done guys on the exam results!!
I don't have exams this year as I'm cool...

Loving all of the snow pictures, I was in Lapland this weekend and the snow there is crazy - it was past your waist - and my mum was constantly texting giving updates on how it is at home... can't believe I've missed the Edinburgh snow again!!

Also, when are the EUSA elections does anyone know? Stuff must be out now cos I'm getting invited to groups on facebook!
oxymoronic
Also, when are the EUSA elections does anyone know? Stuff must be out now cos I'm getting invited to groups on facebook!

EUSA elections are during March (the dates are on the EUSA site), but Rectorial Elections start at 9am tomorrow.
Cheers... I don't really know what the rectorial elections are for, should probably do some research!
I didn't think the EUSA ones would be until March, but I'm getting facebook group invitations already.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending