The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
magiccarpet
no its true. theres alot of similarity between pigs and humans hence why the pig's heart can be used in transplants

Genetically they are probably just as similar to us as most other higher mammals.

Analysis of the number of amino acid differences in haemoglobin show that the Rhesus Monkey is the most closely related extant organism to humans (only 8 differences in AA sequence). Although they are closely related to us, it doesn't mean we evolved from them....we just shared a common ancestor.

Sorry peeps, you can tell i've just been reading my biology books lol!
Reply 21
magiccarpet
no its true. theres alot of similarity between pigs and humans hence why the pig's heart can be used in transplants

magiccarpet
the level of intelligence is similar.

the level of intelligence of a pig is not similar to that of a human. the reason a pigs heart can be used in a transplant is because an average 70-ish kg pig has the same-sized heart as an average human, with the same pumping capacity.

the recipient still has to be on anti-rejection drugs for their immune system until they die.
Reply 22
lou p
*tsks*... but they didn't have rampant rabbits *feels she may have just crossed the mod-line*

lou xxx

aww, you had a rabbit as a pet? what did you call it?

:wink:
NikNak
Genetically they are probably just as similar to us as most other higher mammals.

Analysis of the number of amino acid differences in haemoglobin show that the Rhesus Monkey is the most closely related extant organism to humans (only 8 differences in AA sequence). Although they are closely related to us, it doesn't mean we evolved from them....we just shared a common ancestor.

Sorry peeps, you can tell i've just been reading my biology books lol!

hence why both have orgasm.

anyone heard women can have the one hour orgasm :eek:
magiccarpet
hence why both have orgasm.

anyone heard women can have the one hour orgasm :eek:

w.t.

well women take hours to reach orgasm...

how do some men last 6 hours consecutive sex before coming?? :confused: COMPLETELY desensitised
Reply 25
Your avatar is just wrong.
Reply 26
lame
w.t.

well women take hours to reach orgasm...

how do some men last 6 hours consecutive sex before coming?? :confused: COMPLETELY desensitised

what?! how does that work? i'd feel totally devastated if i found myself a guy like that... actually i'd probably just go to sleep :p:

lou xxx
Reply 27
magiccarpet
no i think need money is saying why do we ahve them. apparantly its only humams and pigs that do

FACT! did u know a pigs orgasm lasts 30mins!!!! :eek: :rolleyes:
Reply 28
NikNak
Yup there are several secretions that are released during orgasm that make the normally highly acidic conditions of the vagina more favourable to sperm. Some of these secretions also thin the mucus that lines the vagina and cervical opening to allow easier passage of sperm.

Nah, tis cyclical hormones doing that (changing cervical secretions). The vagina's not hugely acidic, pH~5 I think, but the sperm don't like this much, it makes them coagulate and very few actually get any further. At some point I could drag out my notes on this and explain it highly clinically but I can't be bothered right now. I don't know how long pig orgasms are but apparently a wild boar can produce up to 500ml of semen at once :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending