The Student Room Group

AEA Exams

Wondering who are doing AEAs in TSR!

Been asked recently by the school whether we show interest in doing AEA and STEP. It sounded alright as it required almost no additional knowledge outside A2, and my school actually provide support (though dunno whether its useful or not).

I'm gonna do Maths in Edexcel and Economics in AQA!
Does anyone know where I can get past paper for AEA Economics?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
cktlee1
Wondering who are doing AEAs in TSR!
I'm gonna do Maths in Edexcel and Economics in AQA!
Does anyone know where I can get past paper for AEA Economics?

The usual place - here!

Ben
Reply 2
ben
The usual place - here!

I've been through them already, are there any more?~
IMO those on the site are not too useful, so I need more of them, especially samples of "perfect answer" would be very useful!
Reply 3
cktlee1
I've been through them already, are there any more?~
IMO those on the site are not too useful, so I need more of them, especially samples of "perfect answer" would be very useful!

There should be two more, one specimen and one from June 2004. Unfortunately, to look at a model answer I suspect you'd have to first write one, then read it! Ask your school.

Ben
I do critical thinking
Reply 5
annabellewalter
I do critical thinking

oops sorry I missed it out in the poll..
I checked the list and I found out I missed Religious studies as well...
Reply 6
and psychology
Reply 7
maths yey
Reply 8
wow amo1 u are doing both AEA and STEP maths? Crazy!~ What other maths unit u doing? u will have like 10+ hours of maths exam in June!
annabellewalter
I do critical thinking

Me too :biggrin: And history
Not too late for you to edit the poll is it? 'Cause they are actually available in seventeen subjects!

I'm doing Psych, RS, and English.

ZarathustraX
I'm hoping to do AEA English next year. Does anyone know if there are any other papers online apartt from the specimen one on the OCR website?
Reply 12
I did the Psych one last year.
Reply 13
I'm being made to do maths. Zzz!
Reply 14
How come there is no AEA in Sociology, History, ICT/computing, and other languages?
Luize
I did the Psych one last year.

Coolio.
(-Sincere Apologies-)

How was it?

Too hard? Not as hard as expected? Time ok? Or too short? Or sitting around twiddling your thumbs at the end? How did you do (<-optional question)?
etc etc....
(Basically, tell all about it please!)

ZarathustraX
trev
How come there is no AEA in Sociology, History, ICT/computing, and other languages?

Yeah I think there definitely should be one in Sociology. Some of the stuff you have to do at A-level is pretty poor, so I think it'd be a great subject to stretch your abilities on the material you've already covered (which, quite frankly, could be put to better use than it is in some questions!).

ZarathustraX
trev

I don't know about the other subjects but there is definatley one in History- was considering it but decided I'd prefer to focus on my English- don't have enough time to do two lots of mass extra reading!
Reply 18
Zarathustra
Not too late for you to edit the poll is it? 'Cause they are actually available in seventeen subjects!

I'm doing Psych, RS, and English.

ZarathustraX

Sorry this sounds stupid of me, but I dunno how to edit the poll, can u please teach me? I would be most happy to change it so that it suits everyone :biggrin:
cktlee1
Sorry this sounds stupid of me, but I dunno how to edit the poll, can u please teach me? I would be most happy to change it so that it suits everyone :biggrin:

Ahhh...just checked and I think you can't - thinking now you have to get mods to edit them once they're made & voted on...
:confused: :redface: :confused:

ZarathustraX

Latest