The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Government (Politics) offers from LSE

Has anyone applied to LSE for Government (Politics) and had an offer yet?

I thought someone on here said they usually start giving offers around the last week of November/early December...

I really want to know as my offers excpet LSE have all come back, I don't expect to get an offer anyway, but would like to know, better than being kept waiting!!

Is it likely I may get an offer with AAB?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Expo
Has anyone applied to LSE for Government (Politics) and had an offer yet?

I thought someone on here said they usually start giving offers around the last week of November/early December...

I really want to know as my offers excpet LSE have all come back, I don't expect to get an offer anyway, but would like to know, better than being kept waiting!!

Is it likely I may get an offer with AAB?

They are always quite late, no one I know has. And I think they will give you an offer of AAB, but unlikely to actually get offer if you're not predicted all As.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
AAB is quite low to be blatently honest
Reply 3
poossum
They are always quite late, no one I know has. And I think they will give you an offer of AAB, but unlikely to actually get offer if you're not predicted all As.

Really? I didn't do so well last year so I've got plenty of modules that are down as pending (4 out of 9) but the rest are all As and Bs. I've been predicted AAB though, I'm not too fussed about going there becuase I'm expecting a rejection although obviously, I would cherish any opportunity to study there. Do you recommend I change my choice becuase my chances are close to 0?
Reply 4
misternite
Really? I didn't do so well last year so I've got plenty of modules that are down as pending (4 out of 9) but the rest are all As and Bs. I've been predicted AAB though, I'm not too fussed about going there becuase I'm expecting a rejection although obviously, I would cherish any opportunity to study there. Do you recommend I change my choice becuase my chances are close to 0?

Probably, their AAB is de facto AAA. There are 500 applicants to 30 places so it is very unlikely, and even more so as there are usually no interviews. Although if you're an international student you'll prob get in with AAB, they are really strapped for cash!
Reply 5
Hmm. Might change it soon then. If you get a reply within 14 days, a rejection lets say, can you still change that choice?
Reply 6
I have seen two people here at TSR with offers (Hanayori one of them, but can't remember the name of the other person), they do have started handing them out. But it could take long until one of us gets a reply.
Reply 7
My mate with a perfect academic record (i.e. all A* etc.) applied for Gov't at LSE in September and still hasn't heard back so expect to wait a long time...
Reply 8
Rejection on monday... Good luck to everyone else
Reply 9
still waiting on govt and gov-econ...
im still waiting on government for LSE i haven't heard anything except the confirmation email. Its so annoying being kept waiting for this long.
Reply 11
Try to not worry. It's a good sign - When did you apply?

Good luck with LSE Johannes! Hör av dig!
I applied in november sometime. I havent heard from warwick yet either these are the only two, and they were my top two choices.
I got unconditional govt and history. I'm sure it won't be too long.
Reply 14
I got one in around mid November, AAB.
I'm not an international student...
x
My friend got rejected a few weeks back..I'm still waiting, but not for govt. and econ.
Reply 16
kingston1991
im still waiting on government for LSE i haven't heard anything except the confirmation email. Its so annoying being kept waiting for this long.

I bet they haven't even started looking into the Government applications yet. I haven't heard of anyone who has actually received an offer or rejection. Hopefully they will decide soon, because the pain is excruciating. :sigh:
token
I bet they haven't even started looking into the Government applications yet. I haven't heard of anyone who has actually received an offer or rejection. Hopefully they will decide soon, because the pain is excruciating. :sigh:

I got a rejection. Probably because I suck!
Reply 18
Cat_Forbes
I got unconditional govt and history. I'm sure it won't be too long.

Congrats! :biggrin:

Sill waiting for the inevitable. I think that they are delaying the rejection as a way of making me hope that I may get an offer. It won't work LSE, you hear me! :p:
Reply 19
misternite
I got a rejection. Probably because I suck!

You don't suck,you've got two offers from good Universities. :console:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending