The Student Room Group

My boyfriend hates it when I cry

Scroll to see replies

Tufts
Jealousy why? I'm in a 4 year relationship :confused:

I find the whole 'countdown till our anniversary' a tad tween-ish.

I agree with the guy actually, so what if you don't like her ticker what was the point in posting about it other than to make her feel bad or embarassed?
Reply 61
Angrybanana
I agree with the guy actually, so what if you don't like her ticker what was the point in posting about it other than to make her feel bad or embarassed?

To understand her motive.

Why do you guys find it difficult to grasp the concept that people ask questions in order to find out answers :eek:
I had this same problem too with my first boyfriend. Maybe it is a first love thing?
You are not sure how to act maybe? i know it was harder for me really because i was best friends with my ex before we became a couple so he was my best friend and then by boyfriend... so when things started going wrong i didnt have anyone to turn to. Hmm. But then we broke up and i became my strong self again, and in a new relationship where im still me.
I agree with the whole 'compatability' thing, and the fact that when you're in love for the first time you go slightly OTT and a bit obsessive with the guy coz you feel so many things for him.
I don't have much to add, apart from this thread has been really helpful for me
I wouldn't say I cry/get emotional to the extreme of the OP but my emotions have been all over the place recently and I feel my clingyness or desperation for things to work have been pushing my boyfriend away
Its reassuring to hear I'm not the only one in a situation similar to this
Same here... This is gonna sound exaggerated but i really think if i were to be on my death bed my boyfriend/ sons father would careless. I know some may say
This is really helpful! I am almost exactly the same as you. First love, working on my dissertation. Both me and my boyfriend are sensitive people. Recently before the period i have been super emotionally vulnerable. Usually what i do is I hide myself away from him during this period. But he said he wants to see me. And then i get emotional by things easily and he just shuts down and say he cannot deal with me crying. It hurts me so deeply that i feel he has abandoned me. I was definitely not doing it all the time though. But clearly he is stressed out by the past times when that happened. So i have been pretending to be very positive and happy texting him for the past few days. But in fact i am still feeling extremely hurt and i still don't know how to get over it. When we started dating, it actually took a long time for me to open up my emotions to him. He told me that i can talk to him about anything. But my emotions often come with crying. And i have explained that i cannot control crying when talking about emotions. The only way to avoid it is to not talk about it. I mean, i can deal with my emotions. I just need to be alone during that period. Now that i know he cannot deal with it, how much should i share with him in the future? If he only accepts the positive and happy side of me, is this relationship a one that i want? I don't know... Now my only strategy is just trying to pretend to be positive. Sometimes by pretending, I really feel better. So it is working at the moment...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending