The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Most probably media studies/Film studies/Maths. all pretty popular.
English. So many people do it.
Psychology. I think it has the highest drop-out rate though. It's probably due to misconception of what the course actually involves and how much work there is.
Reply 23
Psychology.
I voted English without thinking about Psychology. If the Lit and Language classes were combined it would be English, but there are more people studying Psychology at mine when the Englishes are considered seperately.
Maths+Chemistry+Biology.
Reply 26
Maths, definitely.
Deifinitely History... Almost everyone I knew, including myself, was doing History at AS...
Media :p: I think psychology and sociology were close seconds.

Like someone else said, psychology also had one of the highest drop out rates - they found it too hard.
Reply 29
bio is our most popular (6 classes) but when you combine it with chem and physics it becomes a clear winner, although if you take out people doing multiple sciences then i dont know what that does to the numbers: there are at least 5 doing all three and maths at AS, and more just doing all three.
Reply 30
philosophy and psychology, I think.
English and Psychology
Sciences, particularly Chemistry and Biology. Maths is also very popular, as well as Psychology.
Economics/Buiness/Biology/English Lit. They all have over 10 people in their class! I have 2 in Psycho! and 7 in Geog
Reply 34
Maths
Chemistry
Biology.

And then languages and humanities (eg history, geography) are extrmely unpopular.
London271
Economics/Buiness/Biology/English Lit. They all have over 10 people in their class! I have 2 in Psycho! and 7 in Geog

I have over 10 all my classes. I have 24 in my Chemistry class, although that's one of the largest in the whole sixth form, as they could only have one chemistry class due to timetabling for some reason.
Reply 36
ICT has the most people doing it, wouldn't say it's the most popular though since all they ever do is complain about it. :P

A lot of people do sport as well, since we're a sports college.

Maths was popular last year as well, but the group has more than halved for A2 since a lot of people failed.

The least popular this year are probably Chemistry (2 people), Geography and Physics (both have only 3 people.)
Reply 37
Maths by a long mile....there are like 4/5 classes....we have the largest uptake in the borough:rolleyes:
Reply 38
Either chemistry or maths. Probably chemistry, but not by a lot.
Reply 39
TBH there is not many ''intelligent'' people in my college to comment. I mean there is only one Group for the sciences. 1 for the maths.

I think, as a whole, Psychology is the most popular; 2 groups :p:

edit: And it seems in this poll it's the same :biggrin:

Latest