The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeh I have one on the 17th :s-smilie:
Am concentrating on my Keele one though because it's this Thursday.

And that question list is long, but don't use it as a complete guide because it's definitely not exhaustive.
Reply 2
I have a HYMS interview on the 18th :woo:

I'd better start preparing...
Reply 3
yeah, mines on the 22nd, not much time to prepare then!
I have one on the 6th of January, I'm really really really nervous becasue its the first one I've hurd from!

Once you guys have had yours, let me know how it was please :smile:

Good luck!!
Reply 5
I know some people have had interviews for Hull now so just wondered how they went? Obviously I'm not expecting anyone to say what questions they got asked but wondered how the interview was in general and if the format really is two interviewers asking 8 questions? Was it relaxed and friendly or pretty scary? Also, I just noticed on the letter that they ask you to wear outdoor clothing. I know thats because you get a tour of the site, but was everyone still dressed formally?

Thanks for any help, hope they went well!
Reply 6
'Sup. I had mine today.

If u want to know more, ask me personally and I'll do my best 2 help :wink:
Reply 7
xbabydeex
I know some people have had interviews for Hull now so just wondered how they went? Obviously I'm not expecting anyone to say what questions they got asked but wondered how the interview was in general and if the format really is two interviewers asking 8 questions? Was it relaxed and friendly or pretty scary? Also, I just noticed on the letter that they ask you to wear outdoor clothing. I know thats because you get a tour of the site, but was everyone still dressed formally?

Thanks for any help, hope they went well!

Outdoor clothing basically just meant a coat and maybe some flats to change into if you're wearing heals.

And yeh, it was literally just 8 questions. Sometimes there were supplementary questions and the interviewers are really friendly.
Reply 8
Am going to have to knuckle down hard for the Jan exams. Fitting in interview prep is hhhhhaaaaaaaaardd spesh when you are doing 15hours employment a week!!!!!!!!!!! thanks 4 da advice guys :-)
Reply 9
Make_It
Outdoor clothing basically just meant a coat and maybe some flats to change into if you're wearing heals.

And yeh, it was literally just 8 questions. Sometimes there were supplementary questions and the interviewers are really friendly.

Thanks for the reply, puts my mind at ease a bit. It's my first interview so like everyone else I'm so nervous!:frown:
The interview at HYMS isn't that hard. I got through it without too much preparationso just glance over the question list and you'll be grand. If anyone is in York next year from the 6th ish i'll be around.
Reply 11
IcarusExMachina
The interview at HYMS isn't that hard. I got through it without too much preparationso just glance over the question list and you'll be grand. If anyone is in York next year from the 6th ish i'll be around.

Well I've done quite alot of prep I guess, gone through most of the questions but not learnt answers for each or anything like that! I'm more worried about how random some of the questions are like your opinions on some of the recent events which, to be honest, I don't really know all the ins and outs of (like the credit crunch and Obamas policies). Do you think if you don't have an answer for any of the questions they ask you theres no chance of getting in?

Thanks for the reassurance though, I'm panicking now it's only a few days aways!! :s-smilie:
Reply 12
Hi! I've gone to my HYMS interview in York on January and it went quite well...
Thing is, I want to use the article given to analyse in the HYMS interview in my TOK final oral. I was hoping anyone that went to HYMS interview remembers anything about this article or can gain assess to it.
It was about the ethics of giving popular patients priority over other patients. The idea was that if you help a popular person, you are improving the quality of life of MORE people, as opposed to helping a hermit which would only help one person. It was an utilitarian medicine article based on medical ethics. If anyone has any information PLEASE help I beg! My oral is in 4 days... :frown:
Thanks, cat.
Reply 13
Hi! I've gone to my HYMS interview in York on January and it went quite well...
Thing is, I want to use the article given to analyse in the HYMS interview in my TOK final oral. I was hoping anyone that went to HYMS interview remembers anything about this article or can gain assess to it.
It was about the ethics of giving popular patients priority over other patients. The idea was that if you help a popular person, you are improving the quality of life of MORE people, as opposed to helping a hermit which would only help one person. It was an utilitarian medicine article based on medical ethics. If anyone has any information PLEASE help I beg! My oral is in 4 days... :frown:
Thanks, cat.
bmj article. It was defo frm to bmj!!!
Reply 15
excuse me? bmf?
Reply 16
BMJ, British Medical Journal. Whats bmf?

http://www.bmj.com/
Reply 17
oh I found it THANKS Bobzilla
Reply 18
anyone who was with me in blue group on the 7th of jan?

was a cool set of people
Reply 19
Nope, but as you're on here was yours at Hull or York? I had mine at Hull and really like HYMS but the one thing stopping me from going there is the campus allocation thing. I really don't want to go to York but its a bit of a gamble in case I get placed there! So anyway, was yours at York and if so how was it there?

Latest

Trending

Trending