The Student Room Group

Pictures of Your Cars?

Scroll to see replies

JC.
I currently have a fleet of 4 cars. There will be a 5th one turning up over the Christmas period, too. I'm running out of parking space.... :frown:

'79 MGB 1.8 litre 4 cylinder with a 6 speed gearbox

'79 MGB GT V8 when it was last on the road... 3.5 litre V8 5 speed.

'93 Volvo 850 GLT 2.0 litre 5 speed

'90 Jaguar XJ40 2.9 litre Auto

oooo who's the old guy- hes cute...
Tofufi
43 years old, and now under restoration.

37 years old...

And currently my everyday car. Takes me everywhere, fairly slowly :biggrin:

Have you been to the VW festival at north somerset?
Amy_J

i adore your car! its gorgeous!

*I just havent bought it yet.
Reply 24
anna_spanner89
oooo who's the old guy- hes cute...

That'd be my (recently deceased) Grandfather.
Reply 25

nice isnt it, 2007 Bentley Continental....
My baby- Her name is pepper (as its a pepper red colour)

I bought her february the 26th and she had 26,000 miles on the clock, its now december and she's done 38,000!
JC.

I'm sorry to hear that
Reply 28
JC.

I'm sorry to hear that, mate :frown: Least he got to experience a bit of a beauty in that Jag!

JC.

I love this baby. How much is it worth? And does it come in smaller, first-time-buyer-friendly engines? :o: Yes, I know absolutely nothing about cars, I just know what my eyes find aesthetically pleasing and not :p:
Reply 29
anna_spanner89
My baby- Her name is pepper (as its a pepper red colour)

I bought her february the 26th and she had 26,000 miles on the clock, its now december and she's done 38,000!

pepper is nothing compared to my beast!!!
Reply 30

Well it's my dads really, but I'd like it one day
junglemonkey
I don't have a picture of my Mini on this comp but this is my old car

And this is my new car

Not very good pics unfortunately.

Are they both FRs?
Reply 32
Ascient
I'm sorry to hear that, mate :frown: Least he got to experience a bit of a beauty in that Jag!

hehe. He only ever owned Jaguars and Daimlers through his whole driving career. His first car was an SS Jaguar 1.5. Look how much they are worth today! The best car he had was a MK 10. That was a cool car. Massive, though...

Ascient

I love this baby. How much is it worth? And does it come in smaller, first-time-buyer-friendly engines? :o: Yes, I know absolutely nothing about cars, I just know what my eyes find aesthetically pleasing and not :p:

The 1.8 lBGT is worth about £2500 to £3500 depending on the time of year. I've got it insured for £3k.

The 1.8 litre 4 cylinder gets about 35mpg and if you go with a classic car policy, you'll find it cheaper than a modern car despite the "big" (:wink:) 1.8 litre engine. It was just over £700 for a BGT when I was 18.
Alex L
Are they both FRs?

Yeah. The red one was petrol and was brilliant, but it was costing £40 a WEEK in fuel which is ridiculous. With the white one it's about £20 a month, no jokes. I didn't just fancy a change in colour as everyone assumes :p:
junglemonkey
Yeah. The red one was petrol and was brilliant, but it was costing £40 a WEEK in fuel which is ridiculous. With the white one it's about £20 a month, no jokes. I didn't just fancy a change in colour as everyone assumes :p:

That was about to be my next question :p:
Alex L
That was about to be my next question :p:

Sorry I totally missed out that the white one is a diesel. LOL.
Reply 36
button8

Well it's my dads really, but I'd like it one day

Dodge Coronet?
junglemonkey
Sorry I totally missed out that the white one is a diesel. LOL.

I figured anyway! Is it the 1.9 130?
Alex L
I figured anyway! Is it the 1.9 130?

Yeah!
junglemonkey
Yeah!

Nice engine :biggrin: The torque does all come at once, although that in itself makes it quite good fun!

Quick Reply

Latest