The Student Room Group

Mpharm back up.... help!

Hey guys... im new to this forum.... Iv actually applied to dentistry... however i put pharmacy as my 5th back up option.....

this morning i got an interview letter from hertfordshire.....

and it says i will be asked a set of standardised pharmacy questions!!! because iv been preparing sooo much for the dentistry interviews... im totally in shock about this and am really not ready for it!!! what are the type of questions people get asked?!?!?

any help would be appreciated.... pm me or reply to this thread!

thankuuuuuu
Reply 1
Know your funtional groups and bonds well lol, and aspirin and diabetes/insulin :smile: rep me i need to get out of red rep lol thanksss :smile:
Reply 2
hamstein
Know your funtional groups and bonds well lol, and aspirin and diabetes/insulin :smile: rep me i need to get out of red rep lol thanksss :smile:

when did aston give u an offer?
when did you send ur ucas off x
Reply 3
Also know a bit about pharmacy...if you search this forum, there are quite a lot of links for good sites to visit. Actually I think I may start up a thread on it...hmm
Reply 4
You'd also need to know about the role of a pharmacist and the three main types of pharmacists, probably not the best idea to choose pharm as a backup for dentistry, pharmacy is a tough course - you wouldn't be able to cope if your heart is set on teeth!

Got any dentistry interviews yet? I've also applied; got back 2/3 interviews and just waiting on the third reply.
I applied for MPharm last year. In the interviews they asked questions like what some have said above..functional groups..bonds...role of pharmacist...they will ask WHY u want to do pharmacy. And also the fdact that you have applied for dent they MAY ask you why u chose pharm as ur back up so make sure u have a valid reason. Also my firend had his interview there recently and was asked why he didnt choose maths at Alevel. They asked me (at different uni's) to name a few drugs and the use of it. Also different methods of administration. So injections (talk about insulin injected becuase if taken orally it will be digested and break down by enzymes..nicotine pathes..direct transfer to blood etc...hope i helped =]
Reply 6
soul02
when did aston give u an offer?
when did you send ur ucas off x

thanks :smile: I sent my ucas off just after oct half term so end of oct, aston offered me on 25th nov :smile:
Reply 7
who gave me a neutral neg lol :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending