The Student Room Group
Reply 1
spursj911
1. when do you normally start applying for postgrad? eg: for 2010 study

Depending on when the deadlines are, whether there are still places available on your course and whether or not you're applying for research council funding, anytime between December 2009 and August 2010.
2. can you apply to unis in the UK the same time whilst applying to unis in the US?

Of course. Why wouldn't you be able to?
Reply 2
hobnob
Depending on when the deadlines are, whether there are still places available on your course and whether or not you're applying for research council funding, anytime between December 2009 and August 2010.

Of course. Why wouldn't you be able to?

Mmh, I'd say it also depends on the university. If you are considering LSE you should have everything ready by mid-October 2009 (example!).

US: As far as I know you need the GRE or GMAT for many US colleges so you might have to start preparing for the application a bit earlier...

Good luck!
Reply 3
2 more questions

is the application process via ucas for unis in the UK?

what about US applications?
:smile:
Reply 4
spursj911
2 more questions

is the application process via ucas for unis in the UK?

what about US applications?
:smile:

No such thing as UCAS for postgrad - you apply to the individual universities that you want to go to. So lots of paperwork, getting different references for different courses etc.

I think you apply direct to the US universities as well.
Reply 5
apotoftea
No such thing as UCAS for postgrad - you apply to the individual universities that you want to go to. So lots of paperwork, getting different references for different courses etc.

I think you apply direct to the US universities as well.

oh ok thx :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending