The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, supermarkets are good. I am on a gap year now and work at one, will return there next summer probably.
Hel' in Heaven
Actually I have a paper college gave us about the new curriculum in case anyone asked us about it during the interview tours.. it's attached!

Interesting, I'll be reading that when I get a mo :smile: I hear its better than our one :eek:
Not to rub salt in the wound but Cambridge vet school is a 10 min cycle from the town centre. No one drives because it's really not necessary (and we're not allowed cars anyway!) and there is a nice cycle track so you don't even have to go anywhere near the main road. It also makes it very handy for drunken events held in the department as you can ride your wibbly-wobbly way home in (relative) safety. Everyone should come to Cambridge. :yes:
AshMashMash
Interesting, I'll be reading that when I get a mo :smile: I hear its better than our one :eek:

ive had a read, it sounds pretty good but doesnt go into a lot of detail about the course content etc
do you know anything about it apart from it aparantly being better lol
I've just read it and to be honest have no idea how a level students straight out of school will cope. i already knew a little about the new curiculum but that has made me even more glad that i'm not on that course, all i have to do now is not fail!

for the new people, you will do fine regardless of the curiculum used as you will never experience the others, it will be fine im sure
batty_hatty
I've just read it and to be honest have no idea how a level students straight out of school will cope. i already knew a little about the new curiculum but that has made me even more glad that i'm not on that course, all i have to do now is not fail!

for the new people, you will do fine regardless of the curiculum used as you will never experience the others, it will be fine im sure

how come ??
laurasaurus
how come ??

oops, sorry was really tired and headachy when i wrote that.

i just think it will be difficult to go from the relatively 'spoon-fed' enviornment of school, to so much private study time. im just not sure how they will cope thats all. I know how much we have to know, and we dont feel like we know enough with it mainly being laid out for us in lectures (which is an easy way to get the information).
Also i have no idea how they will do it with only 2 lectures a day, as we have usually at least 3/4 a day and then practicals/directed learning.

however, you will be the third cohort through on this curiculum, it will be fine. i'm sorry how my earlier post read, take it with a pinch of salt

x
batty_hatty
we have usually at least 3/4 a day

Urgh, we have 6 next Thursday :eek:

I still haven't read it, tbh...
AshMashMash
Urgh, we have 6 next Thursday :eek:

I still haven't read it, tbh...

i know! thats going to be a horrible day, lots of chocolate methinks :smile:
Reply 49
Me neither. I am so thrilled to have got into vetmed I could run all the way to London. Buy a bicycle for gods sake you ungratefull sod!!!!!!!!

2010 applicant D100: RVC offer AAA firm (thats it but trust me its all I ever could have dreamt of, my a levels are going to be hard to acheive though, Physics is driving me insane!!!)
Yes, I can imagine it all seems like a fairy tale come true now. Until you get to vet school in October, and the crippling self-doubt settles in... :wink:

With regards to the RVC parking situation, I really feel for you guys. And if 4th year is anything like what it is in Bristol, that is just about the worst time to be bothered by such a trivial problem as parking your car.

For any Bristol applicants, you won't have this problem. First to third year is almost entirely in the city, all of fourth and fifth is at Langford, and all the students live out theirfor that period. During 1-3 the university organises an excellent bus service from the city out to Langford which is "free", although I'm sure you pay for it somehow in the long run.... haha

Anyway, hope the college admin staff get off their asses and does something about this for the RVC students!
Reply 51
As if parking should be enough of an issue to put you off going to vet school!! It's been sorted now (new car park and busses into PB), anyway and anyone luck enough to get a place at RVC should count their lucky stars!
Also, London is the best city and RVC suits all by having 2 years in the city and 3 outside.
Reply 52
I was already aware of the parking issues. for me, its not a reason to reject them if they give me an offer :smile:
Original post by vet
As if parking should be enough of an issue to put you off going to vet school!! It's been sorted now (new car park and busses into PB), anyway and anyone luck enough to get a place at RVC should count their lucky stars!
Also, London is the best city and RVC suits all by having 2 years in the city and 3 outside.

What's the bus service like? Is it really regular and is it free?
Original post by spooksthehorse
What's the bus service like? Is it really regular and is it free?

It's between every hour and every half hour (during the busier times) from 8am til 7pm, and yes it is free :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending