The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
alkaeda
i was asking a mate today about the interview he had at leicester, they asked him about people having less trust in doctors, and then they asked him about harold shipman and he replied : "well i think that Harold Shipman was basically misunderstood...". ok NEVER say this!!

people give me tips on what i shouldnt say at my leicester interview??

"My internet alias is alkaeda."

w00t 666.
Reply 2
loll...

erm things not to say:

'I heard Leicster was really easy to get into'
'I'm scared of blood'
'I'm doing it for the money'
'I'm also doing it, to get attention from the girls'
Reply 3
how long is the lesta interview? has ne one got rejected after interview? its my last hope
Reply 4
LMAO.

When I walked into my Leista interview room I was really nervous. The first question they threw at my was
'Why Leicster?'
Being nervous that I was, the first thing that came out of my mouth wass ' A lot of my friends are currently studying at Leicster' Then I thought 'Uh-oh' and started talkin bout their reputation and facilities.
gangsta1
LMAO.

When I walked into my Leista interview room I was really nervous. The first question they threw at my was
'Why Leicster?'
Being nervous that I was, the first thing that came out of my mouth wass ' A lot of my friends are currently studying at Leicster' Then I thought 'Uh-oh' and started talkin bout their reputation and facilities.

Always praise the course!
Reply 6
visesh
"My internet alias is alkaeda."

w00t 666.

hahahahaa visesh u crak me up sometimes .. not:p:
whats the worst thing youve heard/said at an interview?
Reply 7
when i had my notts interview a professor asked me what i'd do if he passed out infront of him. i replied with 'i'd ask the guy sitting next to you, he's a doctor'. thankfully they laughed but i wouldn't recommend trying to joke :redface:
Reply 8
Refrain from saying things such as "umm, err". It's better to keep quiet. If you find yourself in some sort of difficulty or an awkward situation, try to compose yourself as best as possible.

There are lots of other people out there feeling the same way as you so do not think you are the only one!
I said something like euthanasia was a very big decision that you couldnt really go back on. :banghead: Duh! As soon as i had said it i regretted it.
these_apples
I said something like euthanasia was a very big decision that you couldnt really go back on. :banghead: Duh! As soon as i had said it i regretted it.

What did you mean by that?
endeavour
What did you mean by that?

i dont really know :confused: ...i think that was my blabber phase of the interview
these_apples
i dont really know :confused: ...i think that was my blabber phase of the interview

haha I know what you mean. I have made some cock ups too.

Eg,
Interviewer: "Who do you think needs the most healthcare?"
Me blurted out: "UUUHHH.... well we have an ageing population, so pro'lly the elderly...... oh and the poor"

See my brilliant articulacy and justification skills there?
Reply 13
these_apples

well you can't really go back from the patients point of view!
Reply 14
endeavour
haha I know what you mean. I have made some cock ups too.

Eg,
Interviewer: "Who do you think needs the most healthcare?"
Me blurted out: "UUUHHH.... well we have an ageing population, so pro'lly the elderly...... oh and the poor"

See my brilliant articulacy and justification skills there?

better than saying the people with the most money, i suppose! :smile:
Reply 15
I thought I had screwed up my BSMS interview when they asked if I had any questions and I asked them if they thought that it was a good medical school. But they laughed and said it was the most interesting question that they had heard all day. I got an offer but I thought I had blown it.
Reply 16
I know I didn't apply for medicine - I've applied for physiotherapy but I did say for one answer that 'I think I'm quite an independent person, I mean I got the train here by myself today!'

I was mortified when I walked out but I did get an offer (hope you don't mind me sharing that even though I'm not a Med Student)
Reply 17
randdom
and I asked them if they thought that it was a good medical school.

:eek: what on earth possessed you to ask them that?
Reply 18
timeofyourlife
:eek: what on earth possessed you to ask them that?

I really really have no idea, for some reason it seemed like a good idea at the time. It all turned out ok in the end though and I am so happy here :biggrin:
randdom
I thought I had screwed up my BSMS interview when they asked if I had any questions and I asked them if they thought that it was a good medical school. But they laughed and said it was the most interesting question that they had heard all day. I got an offer but I thought I had blown it.

LOL you are brave! :adore:

Latest