The Student Room Group
yes its related. but i personally wouldnt do it if they werent going to sponsor me through university
Im working in my gap year. All the work i've done related to my course which Im gonna do is completely voluntary, just because it interests me and I love it. Then I also do part time paid work just in a supermarket, cos its good money and I'm saving.
Reply 3
I did waitressing and bar work last year, but don't have any idea what I want to do as a career except for when I've earnt some money and established a family I'd like to open a restaurant/cafe/bar...so I guess it is a little related but not exactly! And that's only me forcing it to seem more important than it was :wink:

This year I'm jobless right now, but I'll probably get some crummy supermarket job just to save money over the winter and then possibly go and work at a summer camp type place in the UK or France.
Reply 4
SaphMB
To those of you who worked during your gap years or are working during your gap year, what kind of work did/do you do? Was it related to your career goals or degree?

I am on the deloitte scholars scheme for the first half of my gap year. Its working in the financial services sector so is kinda related to my degree choice of economics and career goal. I hate tax work tho so i cant say i enjoy this sort of work. The work i do is almost identical to graduate work so it can be tricky. In the second half of my gap year i will be interning at a investment bank which is more of what i want to do.

Most of all the reason why i am working through the whole of my gap year is cos I am trying to save up £15,000 in the bank (after spending :biggrin: ) so i can support myself thru uni.

Latest