The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I've done a general paper on Europe 1000-1300 and a source-based paper on English chivalry and the Hundred Years War (1330-1400). I found them fascinating. Byzantium's very cool as are the Mongols and some of the contemporary literature's quite amusing reading! I'd never done any medieval before and did that paper mostly to get it out of the way in my first year in case I wasn't very good at it but I completely adore medieval history now!
Reply 81
Madelyn
Doesn't everyone love slating off Neale? :biggrin:

I do to be sure! :rofl:
Reply 82
Madelyn
Doesn't everyone love slating off Neale? :biggrin:

LOL, Susan Doran actually kicked up controversy by saying we are closer to Neale's thesis than Elton's. Oh, the beauty of history :biggrin:
raven4723
I miss history... :bawling:
If it wasn't for my true love of Psychology I would have taken it at uni!
Maybe if I don't get my grades I should try and do a combined course through clearing...
I just found out that a bonfire parade in Lewis where my aunt lives is a commemoration of Mary I's burnings - I'm sure anyone who knows about the parade knows this but I just found out... i want one here!

Aww - make sure you keep up your interest in it, especially since I'm sure you'll easily get your grades so no need for clearing. :smile:
Dizzykiki
I've done a general paper on Europe 1000-1300 and a source-based paper on English chivalry and the Hundred Years War (1330-1400). I found them fascinating. Byzantium's very cool as are the Mongols and some of the contemporary literature's quite amusing reading! I'd never done any medieval before and did that paper mostly to get it out of the way in my first year in case I wasn't very good at it but I completely adore medieval history now!

That sounds really interesting! Glad you've found something you love. :smile:
I was just reading all the indepth blurb for my uni course and you get to research and study tudor court life in a lot of detail. Ahh the course just gets better and better
Reply 86
I love the tudor period and I really want to study it as part of a history degree at uni next year, also with particular emphasis on medieval history (The Plantagenets and the like...). This year at A2 we got to do Tudor Rebellions which was by far and away the most thought provoking and exciting topic to study. (I also did Gladstone and Disraeli *yawn* and at AS I did Nazi Germany, Sir Robert Peel and Italian Unification.) For my coursework I evaluated the role of Prince Rupert in the English civil war. I am fascinated by the English Civil War - the whole concept of a people rising up against a system of government that has been established for nearly a millenium - it is political reform before it becomes tedious. :biggrin:
EamonnHF
I love the tudor period and I really want to study it as part of a history degree at uni next year, also with particular emphasis on medieval history (The Plantagenets and the like...). This year at A2 we got to do Tudor Rebellions which was by far and away the most thought provoking and exciting topic to study. (I also did Gladstone and Disraeli *yawn* and at AS I did Nazi Germany, Sir Robert Peel and Italian Unification.) For my coursework I evaluated the role of Prince Rupert in the English civil war. I am fascinated by the English Civil War - the whole concept of a people rising up against a system of government that has been established for nearly a millenium - it is political reform before it becomes tedious. :biggrin:

Ooh, I love the Tudors! :biggrin: (though that's pretty obvious I guess as I started this thread lol) Want to study the civil war this October too. I've just replied to your PM btw. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending