The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1
Sorry to be blunt but i applied last year, and didn't get an offer, with better GCSEs and A level results than you, so I dont know if you would get an interview. however, i know someone who applied to bristol with worse grades than me and they got in, so it depends on how good your personal statement is.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Helie12
Sorry to be blunt but i applied last year, and didn't get an offer, with better GCSEs and A level results than you, so I dont know if you would get an interview. however, i know someone who applied to bristol with worse grades than me and they got in, so it depends on how good your personal statement is.

did you not even get an interview?
What GCSE and A level grades did you get?
Reply 3
jackthomas1990
did you not even get an interview?
What GCSE and A level grades did you get?

Nope i didn't get an interview, which I was really bummed about.

GCSE - 4A* 4As 2Bs
AS level - History - A, Geography - A, English - B, French - C ( predicted AAA)
A Level - History A, English - B, Geography - B

I got an interview at Oxford too so I though I'd at least get one at Kings.

Basically, you might still get an interview cause they seem to go on personal statements more than grades. Well thats what I seem to gather from talking to people who've been accepted.
Reply 4
I say go for it! You won't know until you try. They're definitely worth it, 3rd in the country for History after all :smile: (sorry Oxford :biggrin:)
As long as your personal statement is strong you could well be in with a chance. They're very for looking at the 'individual profile' at Kings so who knows what they're looking for.
Depends on whether it is taking up a place of somewhere you would like to go too just as much & you can't decide between the two.

Oh & your AS results are good! Just that A in History to sort out & you're fine. Predicted the requirements in AAA & you have the B in AS they want. GCSEs I don't think hold much weight with Kings. But I dunno, this is all just from my own research.
Reply 5
If there aren't five other universities you'd really enjoy studying at, you might as well put KCL down as one of your options, though it would be something of an outside bet.
Reply 6
Essex Girl.
I say go for it! You won't know until you try. They're definitely worth it, 3rd in the country for History after all :smile: (sorry Oxford :biggrin:)
As long as your personal statement is strong you could well be in with a chance. They're very for looking at the 'individual profile' at Kings so who knows what they're looking for.
Depends on whether it is taking up a place of somewhere you would like to go too just as much & you can't decide between the two.

Oh & your AS results are good! Just that A in History to sort out & you're fine. Predicted the requirements in AAA & you have the B in AS they want. GCSEs I don't think hold much weight with Kings. But I dunno, this is all just from my own research.

I see you got an interview! Well done! What grades do you have?
Reply 7
jackthomas1990
I see you got an interview! Well done! What grades do you have?

Thanks! AAAAC for AS, predicted AAA
GCSE 4 A*s 5 As 3 Bs
Reply 8
jackthomas1990
I'm applying to do a history degree and one of my options is Kings College. The only problem is my GCSEs aren't great and i only got a B in my AS level History although one retake can easily take it up to an A.

My GCSE grades are 1A* 3As 2Bs 2Cs and a D
With AS levels of A-Maths A-Photogtaphy B-History and B-P.E.

Im predicted AAA for A2. How likely do you think it is that ill get an interview?

I got similar GCSES. and I got a B in history AS level as well. My AS grades are similar to yours except I only got 1 A and the rest B's.
And guess what, two weeks ago I got invited for an interview in february!
So DEFFO apply :smile:
Reply 9
rotor
I got similar GCSES. and I got a B in history AS level as well. My AS grades are similar to yours except I only got 1 A and the rest B's.
And guess what, two weeks ago I got invited for an interview in february!
So DEFFO apply :smile:

Ah nice that sounds promising! When abouts did you apply?
Reply 10
jackthomas1990
Ah nice that sounds promising! When abouts did you apply?

Yeah you should apply :smile:, your AS grades are good as well so you should hopefully get an interview.
I applied in early October and got a reply 2 weeks ago for a february interview, but I heard they do interviews often for history (jan,feb,march) so whenever you apply it should be ok

Good luck :biggrin:
rotor
Yeah you should apply :smile:, your AS grades are good as well so you should hopefully get an interview.
I applied in early October and got a reply 2 weeks ago for a february interview, but I heard they do interviews often for history (jan,feb,march) so whenever you apply it should be ok

Good luck :biggrin:

Well I've already applied but i was thinking about taking my application back and changing Kings but yeah ill stick with it now.
Reply 12
jackthomas1990
Well I've already applied but i was thinking about taking my application back and changing Kings but yeah ill stick with it now.

Good luck :smile:
Where are your other unis, heard from them yet?
I've only heard from oxford :mad:
rotor
Good luck :smile:
Where are your other unis, heard from them yet?
I've only heard from oxford :mad:

Ive applied for Exeter, Manchester, Sheffield and Cardiff and so far have offers from Manchester, Sheffield and Cardiff. What did Oxford say?
Since when were GCSE's taken into account? Thought only oxbridge and durham were anal about those.

I applied with a predicted AAB and average GCSE's (I'm a slacker), for War Studies (extremely competitive), got an interview, and was given a conditional offer...which I turned down. Stop worrying.

Personal statements can also put you in good steed.

Latest