The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Suppose so, they do put people that are good but not good enough for an interview into a 'pool'
Reply 2
They might be pooled.
But dont you only get pooled after going FOR a interview
Reply 4
Evidently not.
its very rare for cambridge not to interview somone, they generally interview like 99% of all applicants, unless possibly its for a weird subject
Reply 6
95%

which i never understood because i thought they only interviewed those with 90% and over ums as marks?
But if it was pool, they would say pool. It says nothing of the sought, I have seen the letter.
Reply 8
Noémie
95%

which i never understood because i thought they only interviewed those with 90% and over ums as marks?

You thought wrong.

@OP: If you look through this forum, there are a few more people who got a similar letter, mostly from Trinity, I believe.
Noémie
95%

lol fair enough

and nah i didnt get all over 90% ums marks thats a lie. they just expect applicants to be able to get above 90% UMS marks
Reply 10
didgeridoo12uk
its very rare for cambridge not to interview somone, they generally interview like 99% of all applicants, unless possibly its for a weird subject

Where did you get those figures from? >______>
Reply 11
Basically it means the applicant is good, but not good enough for the first wave of considered applicants. If a space opens up, it could be that they will be offered an interview, or if the administrators feel they are good enough, they will be offered an interview.
Y__
You thought wrong.

@OP: If you look through this forum, there are a few more people who got a similar letter, mostly from Trinity, I believe.

Could you point me in into the right section ?
BJack
Where did you get those figures from? >______>

aparantly its 95%

got told by addmission tutors, its fairly common knowledge

most colleges will interview everyone unless they think they don't stand a chance
Reply 14
didgeridoo12uk
got told by addmission tutors, its fairly common knowledge

I knew Cambridge interviewed the vast majority of people, but such a high figure is still somewhat surprising.
Reply 15
Noémie
95%

That statistic takes away any pride at having managed to secure an interview. :p:
Reply 16
you get pooled if you have an interview, and your college likes you but has too many strong candidates that year to take you. I ahve never heard of this happening, considering cambridge interview about 99%of people. Do u know what subject it was?
Reply 17
LH123
That statistic takes away any pride at having managed to secure an interview. :p:

ooh i know, oxford interviews basically everybody as well - complete lack of pride :p: same with ucl actually :|
dougiemacs
you get pooled if you have an interview, and your college likes you but has too many strong candidates that year to take you. I ahve never heard of this happening, considering cambridge interview about 99%of people. Do u know what subject it was?

Its for Med, Hes applying as a mature student for a non-mature college
Reply 19
Noémie
ooh i know, oxford interviews basically everybody as well - complete lack of pride :p: same with ucl actually :|

I don't actually tell people this fact though. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending