The Student Room Group
University of York
York
is that even possible?
University of York
York
Reply 2
Studio?... tho i wouldnt say that many of you... unless you all wonna double up :wink:
York Minster has enough room

Reply 4
yes it is possible lol, we actually found a 10 bedroomed student house but its too far away from the uni for it to be practical lol xxx
Reply 5
Maybe try two 5 bed houses next to each other?
Reply 6
Sign up to sinclair now, they deal with you in a first come first serve basis so if you want a 10 person house you want to be ahead of the game.
IG properties also may have 1 or 2 large houses, today is the deadline for tenants to stay in the same house for next year so there will be a lot of new student houses up for grabs shortly.
You could also try looking for 2 student houses next door to each other if all else fails, i know an edens court house which did that and they even had a connected garden.
Reply 7
I reallllly wouldn't recommend it - much better to just find two houses very close together. You'd all end up having ridiculously small rooms and having to compromise on absolutely everything else in order to find one.
Reply 8
Shakespeare1
Hiyaa everyone, theres ten of us in my group who all want to live together but dont wanna be split up- was wondering if you know any good websites that have 10+ bedrooms in York? It will be really appreciated! xxxxxxx

Best of luck! It was difficult enough for us to find a house with 8 bedrooms.

It might be worth looking for two smaller houses that are on the same street. In the Hull Road/Siward St. area it's not unusual for landlords to own more than one property a few doors down from each other.
Reply 9
Bumped into this today: http://www.2letagency.co.uk/properties_inner/student_6_bedrooms/375/

Is that the one you looked at? It's not too far away if you have bikes/cars. Plus it's quite close to a good Morrisons.
Reply 10
ThePebble
Bumped into this today: http://www.2letagency.co.uk/properties_inner/student_6_bedrooms/375/

Is that the one you looked at? It's not too far away if you have bikes/cars. Plus it's quite close to a good Morrisons.

That is a bit of a trek by bike, i think its intended more for st john students tbh.
Reply 11
cullmac
That is a bit of a trek by bike, i think its intended more for st john students tbh.

I lived in a cheap student house in Acomb last year... was around 3.5 miles away (about the same distance as that 10 bed house) but only took ~20 minutes to bike in. You do feel a little isolated living so far away from campus though, I have to admit.
The rest of my house are like this, although me and another girl don't really belong to the main 'nucleus' so it'll be easier for them to find accommodation together.
I'd hate to live with my currenthousemates next year!
Good luck to you though.
I'd agree with what people have said so far, it'd make more sense to get more than one house and be neigbours... The houses with less rooms that the guys I'm living with looked at were much nicer! The house we're living in next year has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and is just stunning!
try accommodationforstudents.com ... I think there are 1 or 2 larger houses in York (maybe upto 12 people houses!) but they are very few and far between! I think one is actually 2 semi detached houses joined up downstairs... tbh I think you might struggle a little.
You could try getting 2 next door though. My friends last year got 2 next door on Hull road with the same landlord; a 5 and a 4 :-)
xx
Reply 15
Split up into two five's or a six and a four or something along those lines and then live in a similar area.

It doesn't even need to be the same street. Go for somewhere around the Hull Road/Millfield Lane/Thief Lane/Heslington Road/Siward area and then you're at most five minutes from each other and also close to most other people!

Latest