The Student Room Group

University order of choices on UCAS

UCAS software has ordered my university choices in alphabetical order instead of my preference 1-5. What do I do?
Reply 1
I don't get that?
Reply 2
You resign yourself to the horrible possiblity of Aberystwyth.
Reply 3
there is no preference any more, as to not cause bias in the application process. You make your chocies when all 5 decisions have been made.
Reply 4
Not worry about it, it doesn't matter.
Reply 5
The unis do not see the order or other ones you have applied for. I think they used to but they can't anymore, so it doesn't matter how UCAS orders them :smile:
Reply 6
There is no order of preference. Each uni u applied will get your application without knowing the other 4.. So there is no problem to worry about!
it has nothing to do with order at this stage...

you choose your top 2 in march (i think its march....:s-smilie:)
Reply 8
You can't change the order [Its pulled from a database in alphabetical order], since none of the universities know were you apply it doesn't matter, its all down to your application details.

You finally get to choose when you select a firm and insurance choice once you have all the replies back.
Reply 9
You can't order them in your order of preference. When your UCAS is sent off, each uni will only see their own name - it's not like it used to be.
Reply 10
ThisNameNowTaken

You can choose your firm and insurance as soon as you have all your offers.
Reply 11
ThisNameNowTaken

You choose your top 2 once you've heard back from all your choices. They give you a 4 week time slot in which to do it, so you don't rush into things.
Reply 12
fantastic and thank you :yep:
It doesn't matter, if you want to go the unis, it doesnt matter what order its in, its just sent to those unis and once you've got your offers back, then you choose your firm and insurance choices.
It has done it with mine too! Any help?
Original post by Barry Chuckle
UCAS software has ordered my university choices in alphabetical order instead of my preference 1-5. What do I do?

There is no preference score on UCAS
Original post by Mjporter4
It has done it with mine too! Any help?

This is a thread from 2008. However, the facts are still the same. Ucas automatically sorts the universities into alphabetical order and your order of preference is only in your own mind until you have to start accepting or rejecting offers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending