Reply 21
Dr Goosens

Oh My God!

what?!
Reply 22
£90 per week rent
loan leaves me with about another £30 per week
£100 allowance per week
£120 monthly(ish) from job ( have yet to be paid 3 months down the line so payday is much anticipated :biggrin:)

p.s. how do people live off £10 a week on food? i know its all budgeting, but what do u eat on for £10 a week?
Reply 23
aerob89
£90 per week rent
loan leaves me with about another £30 per week
£100 allowance per week
£120 monthly(ish) from job ( have yet to be paid 3 months down the line so payday is much anticipated :biggrin:)

p.s. how do people live off £10 a week on food? i know its all budgeting, but what do u eat on for £10 a week?

7p supernoodles from asda, bulk buying pasta, tuna, fishfingers can cost as little as 5p each. cereals etc. you can do it, its not nice and i personally wouldnt like to eat like that all the time.
Reply 24
MadgeMania
This isn't me meaning to be at all nosy, but can I have some examples of
average weekly living costs while at university... Possibly even some lists
of what the money is spent on :smile: I'm still in High School, but when I turn
16, I'm going to get a part-time job, and start saving already for University,
because in all fairness, I don't want a massive student loan to pay back at
the end of my time at uni, and the way it goes, it looks as if I'm going to end
up having to pay back alot more money than I want to... I've looked at the
budgeting blogs but they're rarely updated anymore :frown:

EXCLUDING RENT BTW

For me (per month) -
£50 on food.
£15 TV license
£40 Phone Bill
£50 treats
Totalling £40 per week.
Im not a uni student yet, but I've always lived a little thrifty when it comes to food so I can go out more/ buy the stuff I want for me/ others. I could easilly eat WELL on £10-15 a week. I've been able to make enough pasta sauce (good quality stuff too, since im an amateur cook) to last me 3 weeks to a month for about £3-4. Factor in a couple of packs of pasta to eat it with and some cheese if you're daring and love protein, you're looking at £10. Make that your main meal, with something like porridge in the morning to get basically all of your other stuff, and you're laughing.

If it gets boring you can alter the sauce with meat, etc, but that's what being a student is about. Eating the same stuff week after week so you can live on a liquid diet of alcohol and so you appreciate your parents' food more when you go back home.
Reply 26
Could try look at this for a rough guide - little infographic

http://www.studentcoupon.co.uk/article/average-weekly-spend-students/
Don't forget the little things like buying soap powder. You'd be surprised how fast the cost of things that are just there if you're living at home goes up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending