The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Lse Campus

What is the LSE campus really like?

It has been reported in books to be the worst campus of any university in England. Though I have heard that the library is amazing.

Is the campus crowded? Are there many things to do on campus in terms or bars and clubs, and are all LSE students part of a tight knit community as say other universities like Warwick, Oxbridge etc.

This may be unrelated, but what are the general cost of renting a place for your second year? And are students in their third year guaranteed accomodation in halls?
I visited the LSE campus last Friday, for only the second time and thought that it was surprisingly small. I wouldn't say it is the worst in terms of architecture, and in terms of location it cannot be beaten. What are you comparing it against? Oxbridge and Durham have a completely different campus, but you cannot really compare those fairly with LSE. It is imo nowhere near as drab or grey as the 60s universities.

I would say that it could get very claustrophic and perhaps slightly depressing, but there were several protests happening on Houghton street, so I would guess the liveliness compensates for that.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
LSE's buildings are really well furnished, and the whole complex looks v cool :smile:
Reply 3
Quiksilver
LSE's buildings are really well furnished, and the whole complex looks v cool :smile:

LSE Campus is non exsistent like any London Uni (bar Gimperiel.)

Don't worry about social life though. Being based in the middle of the capital, social life is more than abundant but the whole campus, community ambience is non exsistent.
community ambience is non exsistent.

Stop making claims about LSE life - YOU AREN'T HERE YET!
Reply 5
feedtheflamingo
Stop making claims about LSE life - YOU AREN'T HERE YET!

2 of my mates go there.
Reply 6
tiantang
2 of my mates go there.

I know a guy who as abducted by aliens, and he told me that as LSE people they do not have social life, although to be honest they really enjoy football games.
Reply 7
Campus??? there is a campus at the LSE?
Reply 8
Londo
I know a guy who as abducted by aliens, and he told me that as LSE people they do not have social life, although to be honest they really enjoy football games.

Would you like names and their courses for respectabilty?

You then reinterate what i had previously said about a no campus ambience therefore implying i'm not talking out my arse, your point is?
Reply 9
tiantang
Would you like names and their courses for respectabilty?

You then reinterate what i had previously said about a no campus ambience therefore implying i'm not talking out my arse, your point is?

My points are:

1st: There is not campus, just three streets (what do you expect in central London??)
2nd: (The aliens thing was just an example), if you know somebody that has been here but you have not been here personally your opinion is not 100% valid. Just because somebody tells you that he had "alien experiences" does not mean that he really did it, in the same way the opinion of your mates can not be objective.
Reply 10
Londo
My points are:

1st: There is not campus, just three streets (what do you expect in central London??)
2nd: (The aliens thing was just an example), if you know somebody that has been here but you have not been here personally your opinion is not 100% valid. Just because somebody tells you that he had "alien experiences" does not mean that he really did it, in the same way the opinion of your mates can not be objective.

I think your over interpreting.

1) I never said their was a campus nor have I said I expected a campus.

2) I never said it was 100% valid. If i new all the answers I woulnd't be here (most likely be at lse.) However, I do believe the views of my exsitign friends at LSE are worth sharing and reliable considering there your run of your mill under grad stundets.

Latest

Trending

Trending