The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

alphapat
I have an offer from city and am going to receive an offer from LSE soon (I am a child prodigy) and i must choose between the reputation of LSE and the aparently good course at City.

Hang on a minute, so you haven't actually received an offer from LSE? So not only are you racist but you are also arrogant.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
Blackmarket Boy
Hang on a minute, so you haven't actually received an offer from LSE? So not only are you racist but you are also arrogant.

what can i say other than...LOL! :aetsch:
Reply 22
I am pretty confident of getting into the course. My father has good connections within the admissions panel and i also have the required grades. It is not arrogance it is more confidence. I am more than 95% sure I will get an offer.
Reply 23
Oh right, so now u have connections do you? U dare get in there, people outside would just beat the beep out of u, everyone work hard for it and I would gather most people whom applied actually get higher grades than required! People compete by personal statements, academic scores, extras, and some even write in essays...and there u are, "oh I have connection, no worries"............!!! GGRrrr! I dun like u!
Reply 24
cktlee1
Oh right, so now u have connections do you? U dare get in there, people outside would just beat the beep out of u, everyone work hard for it and I would gather most people whom applied actually get higher grades than required! People compete by personal statements, academic scores, extras, and some even write in essays...and there u are, "oh I have connection, no worries"............!!! GGRrrr! I dun like u!

Lol, no need. His connections mean nothing. It's not an american sitcom where your dad can get you in to the uni if he's a large benefactor.

Likewise, just because you can meat the expected grade doesnt mean you can get in. You got any idea how many people met the AAA standard for law.

Dumbass, i think this guy is a windup if he thinks his dad and meeting the standard requirement is enough to get in.
Reply 25
You shouldn't be angry, I am smart enough to get in whether or not it is by merit. I will be of at least equal acedemic ability to you.
Reply 26
well, confidence is always good, but over-confidence is not always good. Dare i say, not many people will like your personality if u talk in such ways. Even if u think u are not arrogant, other people will think of u that way.

Grades ain't the most important in LSE, substantial amount of AAA students do get rejected every year even for courses that require ABB. U dun believe me, just look at my signiture...A&F required ABB and I got rejected. (though lol i am not saying I definitely will get AAA...) Personal statement is very important though, and I hope u didn't write in it "my daddy knows u"
alphapat
You shouldn't be angry, I am smart enough to get in whether or not it is by merit. I will be of at least equal acedemic ability to you.

Who the hell do you think you are?

CKTLEE is right, I got 6 A's at AS level, and was offered ABB for ACTUARIAL SCIENCE.

LSE students generally get lower offers than their grades suggest, and likewise many student who are capable of getting the grades get rejected!
Reply 28
Question... I did not apply to my uni's, LSE, being one of them, until early January. When should I expect a reply????
bellacoco
Question... I did not apply to my uni's, LSE, being one of them, until early January. When should I expect a reply????

Sometime in March. The LSE will send out their next batch of offers in MArch now, for sure. Others will send offers to you pretty soon.
Reply 30
thanks alot
Reply 31
alphapat from oldham...are you one of the racist thugs that participated in the riots?

and mate what are you a child prodigy at? playing the triangle?

and if you are a child prodigy why not oxford or cambridge or harvard or stanford or MIT or Luton?

who is your dad? like tony soprano or something? i hope you leak something to the police and get shot by a 'made man'
Reply 32
Ok. A few things need cleared up here.
I am not a racist and am also not 14. My user name has been hijacked by someone and they have been posting as me. :mad:
Very sorry if anyone has been offended.

Also I am not from Oldham. And i dont know people at LSE. If I did then I wouldn't be asking about which uni was better.

Once again very sorry
Reply 33
alphapat

To be actually bemusued to why people are p!ssed of with you "being a little racist"; twinned with your pretentious belief that you can get into LSE because you got a daddy with links and meet the standard requirements does not sound like a man with great intelligence.

What it does sound like is a 14 year old who does not yet comprehend right and wrong and has no understanding of university applications what so ever!

Oh, and "my account got hijacked" smells like unbelievable bull*****!!

Lets think about this. Who would hack a TSR account!! They're free and don't cost anything to sign up; and furthermore, why the hell would they change your age!!!

Go back and study for the SATs. One thing i hope this forum has tought you is a bit humilty and that racism is not acceptable what so ever.

As you do sound honestly sorry, lets move on.
Reply 34
Ah well, whether u did get hijacked or not, doesn't really matter~ whoever used the account has provided me fun (when reading how people get pissed off :P)

good luck in your application whether u are 14, 41, non-existance lol
alphapat
I have a decision to make, either LSE or City for actuarial science. Here is my predicament, I have an offer from city and am going to receive an offer from LSE soon (I am a child prodigy) and i must choose between the reputation of LSE and the aparently good course at City.

I have been told by my peers that this is an easy decision as City University is **** and it smells bad, but I think it has a certain charm about it even though i haven't visited. It has gone as far as that I am beginning to get bullied by the other people in my year for considering City.

As a side note I have received newsletters from City University and all the quotes and pictures are by foreign people. I am only slightly racist and want to know whether this will be a problem?

Yours Sincerely,
Alphapat :confused:

THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A SPOOF...
Reply 36
Who are you calling a spoof you homophobe :bootyshak
Reply 37
An entertaining read :smile:

W.A.S Hewins
THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A SPOOF...

That's a bit random.

alphapat

Did I miss something?

P.S. alphapat, (sorry to keep refering to your little hiccup/hijack/whoopsadaisy, but no-one has pointed this out yet) you yourself are almost certain to have "foreign" blood in you - everyone does. If not, you would be um... how to put this... from a small gene pool... inbred.
Reply 38
alphapat

You're obviously not enough of a child prodigy to know what the word 'spoof' means... :biggrin: :p:

Nothing to do with homosexuals! D
Reply 39
alphapat
Im only a little bit racist, not BNP stylee

awwww

Latest

Trending

Trending