The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't mind them, I've been doing them for less than a term though
Jack Sparrow
Yeah but If you late once or miss one lesson you don't get it. And you don't get it in holidays and somtimes they just don't give it you. I'd rather get like £10 a week from my parents then get EMA. It would balance itself out.

You still get it if you ring the college in the morning to tell them you're not coming in.
Totally bored of A levels. Plus my Bs at AS for English have totally shattered my confidence. I'm retaking two papers in January but I'm still having doubts.
Reply 23
Guys come on cheer up, A Levels are kinda forced on us, before you know it you'll be in UNI and you can moan about how you are sick of uni instead, then after you can moan about your job etc?
A Stranger in Moscow
I'm in my 3rd year of doing them. Sympathy please?!

I sympathise deeply. :smile:
Reply 25
Mhmm, we're not even allowed out in our frees. So sit in school pretty much staring at the ceiling for a couple hours a day. I'm looking forward to studying a subject I'm interested in, rather than the pathetic Computing course and inane chemistry course.
Reply 26
I'm kind of enjoying my A levels.. I'm finding them much easier than GCSE's, I'm getting better grades than I did at GCSE and I have lots of free time to mess around. The only thing that's kind of not good about school is that there's far too many 'dicks' in my year, and the above and below years just have much much nicer people :smile:
Yeah, they suck, but what can you do?
If you weren't sick of A-Levels there'd be something even crappier to take their place.
And as for EMA consider yourself lucky, when you get a full time job and don't show up for work and don't get paid, you'll have no and then all your stuff will get reposessed and you'll be living in the gutter :smile:, so just enjoy A-Levels while they last
Agreed with half the stuff in this thread. I hate A levels. So boring. Especially by the end of this term when it's dark all the time and you haven't had a break. I keep missing lessons all the time now.

I hope I don't fail.
But where is the *Neutral* option?
Yes, I am.

Last year was pretty poor, but this year undoubtedly takes the award for ****est ever.

Most of my friends have left the subjects we shared, everybody is stressed out & even more miserable than usual, & my biology teachers practically accused me of stealing things from a Japanese textbook for my coursework (WTF? I can speak a grand total of .... about 10 words in Japanese that aren't numbers, & can't read it for the figurative toffee).

I can't wait for uni for various reasons, but only have one that I honestly want to go to anymore, which has my highest offer...

& due to some bad exams in June, have a frackload of resits too. & I fail at revision until about 36 hours before exams, so lessons are currently useless to me
Reply 31
I found it hard for a while, I didn't have much motivation.

It was when I started getting Uni offers that my drive to do work increased. :smile:
To be honest, I've felt the same way ever since the very first week and much hasn't changed.
Uni ftw. (At least I hope so.)
lol what makes you guys think that university will be better ?
Reply 34
Anabolicator

Christ yeah, this is how i feel... And then 40 years of jobs (admittedly fairly decent one for my chosen course) hence extreme depression.
I'm finding my A-Levels generally really good so far, except for psychology. Most of the teachers treat us like 6th formers and I'm doing so much better at A-Level than I did for GCSE.
Reply 36
Anabolicator

I don't know, but hopefully I'll be too drunk to care.
</Tom>
You still get it if you ring the college in the morning to tell them you're not coming in.

Yeah but we have to get a docters note.
Reply 38
i feel the same, but without the free f*****g money
Am I the only one enjoying my time at college, then? I am kind of savouring the last few months before I go off into the big wide world.

Latest