Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Evolution Thread

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)
    The most advanced species advanced from an "ape"

Is the ape the second most advanced species?

Another simple idea that if really understood and thought about debunks evolution
    The magic man made everything.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)

Another simple idea that if really understood and thought about debunks evolution
    So whats the most advanced species in your opinion? And how does the fact that we may not be the most advanced species debunk evolution?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)

The panda cannot digest bamboo. So it has to sit on its ass all day eating.

Another simple idea that if really understood and thought about debunks creationism.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    On topic, why do we need a thread about evolution in the religion forum, what is there to seriously discuss? Or is this an underhanded way to prevent people from using evolution as an atheist argument, for example as an exampleof science filling in religion's ignorance.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)

"Ape" isn't a species.

Referring to modern species as relatively more or less advanced completely misunderstands evolution. Seriously, get some learning on the subject, I really can't recommend Talk Origins enough.

I can see this catching on as a catchphrase, though.

"Don't run with scissors. Another simple idea that if really understood and thought about debunks evolution."
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AWZC)
    So whats the most advanced species in your opinion? And how does the fact that we may not be the most advanced species debunk evolution?
    If you couldnt deduce from my original post youre an idiot

But you saw potential to argue

If you say anything other than human, you my fellow human lose

So much hypocrisy
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huw Davies)
    "Ape" isn't a species.

Referring to modern species as relatively more or less advanced completely misunderstands evolution. Seriously, get some learning on the subject, I really can't recommend Talk Origins enough.

"Don't run with scissors. Another simple idea that if really understood and thought about debunks evolution."
    Seriously "get conditioned" is what you mean

Why do you keep saying talk origins its a whole lot of convenient crap on one site

See how when confronted with the truth you make a joke, im going to re post my original with all the idiotic replies
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)
    If you couldnt deduce from my original post youre an idiot

But you saw potential to argue

If you say anything other than human, you my fellow human lose

So much hypocrisy

1) Sorry, I didn't bother to read any other post of yours. Lazy on my behalf I know. OK, ants (+ may be pandas :p: )

2) To be fair every species is as evolved as each other if you believe in evolution - since it is a constant process that is always there. Therefore I am as 'evolved' as a Dolphin, Ant, or Flu Virus.

3) How 'evolved' we as a race are has nothing to do with the belief in the theory of evolution, as generally those who believe in evolution also believe that we are animals like every other creature and will scoff at the notion of we being designed in "Gods own image".
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still no answer roots
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I posted:

Reply was:

he panda cannot digest bamboo.

OK, how relevant

So it has to sit on its ass all day eating.

Yes, very informative

Another simple idea that if really understood and thought about debunks creationism.

Definitely, toast is blue, yellow is queen meaning i am from an ape

"Ape" isn't a species.

Why am i answering this?

Referring to modern species as relatively more or less advanced completely misunderstands evolution.

No, im talking about what is here right now

Seriously, get some learning on the subject, I really can't recommend Talk Origins enough.

I replied to this

Nice tactics, tell a joke and forget everything

"Don't run with scissors.

Up to you

Another simple idea that if really understood and thought about debunks evolution."

Lets grow up, eh
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charzhino)
    Still no answer roots
    Ask Melancholy if its worth getting an answer from me because if you do, youre all going to look very stupid and helpless especially in the eyes of those who read and reread the evolution truth or lie thread plus youll be proving me right
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)
    Ask Melancholy if its worth getting an answer from me because if you do, youre all going to look very stupid and helpless plus youll be proving me right
    Sorry, wait, I argued against you because I thought you were a creationist. What side of the argument are you on?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey guys it is PURE CHANCE that there's a much higher rate of substitution at the 3rd base in a codon and UTTER COINCIDENCE that conserved sequences between species are in the areas with FUNCTIONAL CONSTRAINTS

keep the faith guys
    if we stick our heads in the ground long enough then science will go away
    maybe creationism doesnt explain the data at all and evolution explains it really well but what do I care I've never seen evolution in the bible
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AWZC)
    Sorry, wait, I argued against you because I thought you were a creationist. What side of the argument are you on?
    Youre not very clever are you
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)
    I posted:

Reply was:

he panda cannot digest bamboo.

OK, how relevant

So it has to sit on its ass all day eating.

Yes, very informative

Definitely, toast is blue, yellow is queen meaning i am from an ape

"Ape" isn't a species.

Why am i answering this?

Referring to modern species as relatively more or less advanced completely misunderstands evolution.

No, im talking about what is here right now

Seriously, get some learning on the subject, I really can't recommend Talk Origins enough.

I replied to this

Nice tactics, tell a joke and forget everything

"Don't run with scissors.

Up to you

Another simple idea that if really understood and thought about debunks evolution."

Lets grow up, eh
    You tried to undermine evolution by saying 'think about it' eh? eh? yea think about it enough and it wont make sence, trust me.
    Thats effectively what you did.

The magic man did it, yea whatever
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)
    Ask Melancholy if its worth getting an answer from me because if you do, youre all going to look very stupid and helpless especially in the eyes of those who read and reread the evolution truth or lie thread plus youll be proving me right
    No i just want a simple explanation to why you think God created humans with having genes to make tails,etc if they where not used for any purpose?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You tried to undermine evolution by saying 'think about it' eh? eh? yea think about it enough and it wont make sence, trust me.

Isnt that BLIND FAITH

I made it as simple as possible, all you had to do was think

Youth of today
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)
    Youre not very clever are you
    Usually I am, yet with 6 pints of Kronenbourg inside of me I am considerabely less so. Apologies for that, working at a bar and all does that to you :yep:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    if you dont think giving bipedal beings a quadrapedal pelvis is funny then idk what's wrong with you
    i'd do it if i was god
    and come on "cocks-itch" that name alone is enough justification for the tail bone ffs
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)

Isnt that BLIND FAITH

I made it as simple as possible, all you had to do was think

Youth of today
    No I was making the valid point that present a simple thought and ask people to think about it and see how it doesn't make sence. fair enough.
    Whats the alternative hypothesis? And how daft does that sound?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 14, 2014
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.